1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What an NFL AFC Scout would do if he was running Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by endoftheworld, Feb 4, 2014.

1. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/nfl-scout-tells-expect-run-quarterbacks-1st-round-one-worth/

“Teddy has a very good arm, great vision, and understands pocket presence. The other quarterbacks are no where near Teddy’s abilities, but their is such a major need right now for a Savior quarterback teams are going to try their hand.”

"I would expect 4 quarterbacks to be taken in the first round, but if you were to ask me Teddy Bridgewater is a top 10 guy and the others are 2nd to 3rd rounders.

I asked the scout about the other three quarterbacks and he said he would not be surprised to see a team take Johnny Manziel (but he did state he would stay away from him), Blake Bortles and Derek Carr."

Interesting...

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

This definitely needed it's own thread

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is my opinion as well. I was def in the Clowney camp until I actually started to pay attention to Bridgewater. IMO, if you have the #1 pick and and need a QB, Bridgewater is the obvious pick.

4. Remii

Remii Member

“I would try to trade out of the first pick in the draft, because their is better value in the back end of the draft. *If I was in charge I would explore the options of trading for both Kirk Cousins and/or Ryan Mallett. *If I had to pick a player at one I would select Jadeveon Clowney.”

This is what the same scout said at the end of the article... So he wouldn't draft one of these quarterbacks with the 1st pick either.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When you have the number one pick, you draft BPA.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Your point? There's almost always one or more QBs who can be considered worthy of the BPA designation when you have the first pick in the draft. This year is no different. Furthermore, it can be argued that a B+ rated QB is more valuable than an A+ rated player at another position.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Smokescreen by a rival to play up Teddy.

Remember the owners telling McNair he was "heading in the right direction"?

8. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

This on some blogsite, not ESPN or NFL Network hahahahahahaha

9. REEKO_HTOWN

And that makes the intentions of a rival scout any different?

10. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

If they wanted to come out and say something they would go to NFL.com or ESPN

The fact they went to some obscure website invalidates your entire theory

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Lol. Those owners didn't publish their convos with McNair at all. That was all McNair saying what they told him. You're delusional.

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Your starting to sound like a moron now, what are you talking about???

Stop babbling like a schizophrenic and stay on topic

13. Remii

Remii Member

I don't think the scout in this article fits the "smoke screen" mold. Even though the OP started this thread as a support to draft Teddy over Johnny or Bortles _ the same scout said he wouldn't take Teddy with the #1 pick. He said he would trade down or draft Clowney.

The scout also pointed out he would trade for Mallet or Cousins over drafting one of these quarterbacks.

If anything the scout in this article is pretty much saying the Texans shouldn't draft any of these quarterbacks with the #1 pick. The OP needs to change the thread title.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Ok. Let's stay on topic. So you're saying that a rival scout has no reason to lie because he's talking to a blogger who posts on the WORLD WIDE WEB as opposed to ESPN?

15. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Pretty much

Under the old CBA we would be getting Clowney no questions asked.

16. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Must be missing your frontal lobe

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We've just seen two B rated QBs win a Superbowl the past two years. This is not counting the two rings Eli Manning has... Point is... the game is more than one position.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It sucks that one guy is completely ruining the Texans board on this site. There was a time when I would come here before even going to Texanstalk or BRB for intelligent Texans discussion. Now, all I see is one guy ramble on and on about how Manziel is the Anti-Christ, and get his balls in a knot when someone says anything differently.

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Never trust a news source with an editor and a reporter who fail to know when to use "there" and "their" correctly. :eek:

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Once again SwoLy, brings rational thought to a dilemma...;)