1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What adjustments will D'Antoni make for Game 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arubato, May 4, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I've mentioned it before and I know D'Antoni won't do it, but if you want to run, run, RUN the whole game, have some faith in players 9, 10, and 11 and give them some run. Not the first time we've witnessed Ariza and Beverly (and Harden, too, for that matter) look gassed after playing a great game.

Hell, even if we lose after a game in which we play Harrell, Williams, and Bobby "Don't Be Cruel" Brown, at least we've given our main guys a breather. And given the Spurs different looks.

Ozzy and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Me as a big "whiner" I don't get why some fans overreacted from last night's game. That is just stupid. The Rockets took one game from the Spurs, what more can you ask for? The Rockets did what they were supposed to do. And we all knew the Spurs were going to bounce back strong last night. Now the Rockets have home court advantage, be happy for what they have done. Let's finish this in Game 6 baby!(Maybe in Game 5)

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The two things we did that were very successful in Game 1 (pick and roll and doubling Kawhi Leonard) were virtually nonexistent in Game 2. Go back to that.

The only that that actually was annoying was how badly we were out-hustled on the boards.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Space the floor more, move faster, don't stop feeding Capela / Nene, shoot smarter, take advantage of possessions, make it difficult AF for SA to shoot the ball. That is all.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

We need to grab those 50/50 balls. Can't give a team like the Spurs extra/easy points like that. I think whenever Gasol is in the game, his man needs to be the one setting the picks in the PnR. Get him out of the lane since he was a big tree down there all night.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

None. I expect them (Rox) to try to speed up the pace and exploit whoever SA sends out to play PG. Don't think it'll be Mills as he's better off the bench so I'm expecting Pop to use Murray with Leonard playing point forward for stretches.

7. likestohypeguy

Yeah even Sams club snack bar makes better pizza

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Time to unleash Harden on Gasol/LMA/Lee...The Rockets uncharacteristically missed so many shots at the rim yesterday. It starts with Harden...cant shoot 3-17 and expect to win. Second...time to punish Kawhi on the offensive end. He is NOT a good ball handler, and I expect the Rockets to put a ton of pressure on Kawhi in game 3. And finally time to expand the playoff roster...the Rockets need more athleticism off the bench(Dekker/Harrell need playing time against Gasol/Lee).

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

One minor change I'd like to see is that they instruct anyone covering Gasol to let him jack 3's as much as he wants. Don't challenge him. Let him shoot that all day every day. There were a couple of times Capela would go out to challenge the shot when there's almost no chance he's going to make it anyway. Let him have it and make sure to secure the rebound.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rebound. That's it. Done. Next.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Probably better shot selection, better ball movement. Saw a lot of forced runners/floaters that probably should have been kicked out. This Spurs team won 60+ games for a reason, and Pop is GOAT coach for a reason. Let's turn it up, keep pushing, and run them out of Houston this weekend.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

• Team Rebound.
    • Play Kawifi for Turnaround ( not much you can do though except drop a guard down on it ).
    • Ask Harden to drive more.
    • Stop the first step by not overplaying strong hand.
    • Keep letting Aldridge shoot ( this was our best D ) ( I'd almost let him catch in the post ).
    • Time to cover Green.
    • Do not wander on Mills.
    • Design plays around Hardens weak hand if they shadow his left.

13. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

And remember that there is, in fact, a 4th quarter. That's really all I'd change.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Didn't we try to double Lma couple times in the post? I say let him try to beat us and stay on their shooters.

Ozzy likes this.
  15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Don't play hero ball. Pass the rock until the rock is free to throw to the basket. Don't be 2016-17 MVP (Westbrook)!!!

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Rebound the ball.
    Get the 50/50 balls with hustle.
    Make more Threes.
    Double Kawhi every time he gets the ball.
    Run and Run and Run. Don't get into the Spurs pace of the game.
    REBOUND THE BALL.
    REBOUND THE BALL.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

44 points on 21 shots, 8 points in the last 50 seconds and just missing the game winning 3 at the buzzer?

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Cash Cam and 3 others like this.
  18. txn

txn Member

Young players like Harrell, Williams will bring some energy to the games. But most of the times, they get lost or make mistakes during the games. That is very normal to all the young players due to the lack of experience. If this is a regular season game, you can live with that. But this is the Playoff, every minute of the games matters. Not just MDA wouldn't do it, all coaches shorten their rotations in the playoff, including Pop.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rockets were down 3 early in the 4 quarter. If Harden or Lou have a better game we win that game. I don't think he really needs to make many adjustments. The spurs basically have to play perfect to win.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got to get Pau out of that lane, put him in PnR situations with Harden.......force him out of there.

DD

DonKnock likes this.