1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what about this theory?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cueball, Jul 18, 2000.

1. Cueball

Cueball Member

we sign Austin Corsher(sp)and re-sign Mobley and promise to get him more money in a year. Now Vince Carter has a option of being a FA next year right, what if he were to come to Houston because according to the Fox 26 News Carter calls Mobley everyday so they must be friends. Maybe Mobley told Carter he'll re-sign in Houston and then the next year we'll have more money(with Hakeem retering) to sign him that way they can play together and with Francis. Could you picture that fast break?
    Man picture that team in two years:
    Cato Coller Pig Draft Pick
    Crosher Thomas Rogers Draft Pick
    Carter Langhi
    Anderson Mobley
    Franics Norris

What do you guys think of this theory I came up with it was just a thought I start thinking about at work and wanted to know how someone else felt about it.

------------------

2. Gascon

Gascon Member

Absolutely, they're obviously plotting with Duncan and Webber to do the same.....an unstoppable roster.......and then there is nothing left but to take over the world!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not to knitpick or anything, but that isnt really a theory. Its more liek a dream. A theory is abit more scientific....hypothesese and all.

[​IMG]

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I don't think he will stay. Carter recently said that he looks at his situation as a year by year thing. I forgot exactly what he said but you could probably find it on CBS sportsline or something. Kinda interesting if you ask me.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

5. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

Vince carter is not a FA next year.With the new CBA(not the league)first round rookies sign contracts in which the TEAM has an option after the 3rd year for the player to become a FA,and after the fourth I think the player becomes a restricted FA(not sure). Either way,the least amount of time that Carter will stay with toronto is 4 years(until 2002) because the raptors wont let him get away.

------------------
    "Dont ever understimate the heart of a champion"

Rudy T,1995

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

7. PhiSlammaJamma

You know. It's interesting to talk about Carter though. I think he's found a team that he wants to grow with. It's not unthinkable for a great player to leave Canada and head south, because we all get home sick, but I think he's really happy up there. That's his team, the're young, and they are good. I don't think he's going anywhere.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

8. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

The raptors aren't young, Vince is young.

------------------