1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Cato and Collier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovermanbuda, Sep 4, 2002.

1. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Hey guys lately I'm been hearing just about all the rockets player so I was wondering what u guys thought of Kelvin Cato and Jason Collier. What do u think will happen between those two guys?

2. leehoang

leehoang Member

cato will be fat and lazy. collier will soon be mopping floors.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cato will start in the beginning of the season getting his usual 25 minutes. Hopefully, Yao will take over as the starter sometime midseason. I personally think Cato will be a great backup to Yao given his performance the second half of last season and the rumors of him working hard this summer. The Rockets may have the possibility of having two above average centers depending on Yao's development and Cato's continued improvement. As for Collier, I've never seen anything especially good out of him except that he is seven feet tall and has some range on his shot. He'll get some minutes but probably only in garbage time or if we need some extra fouls against Shaq. Overall, I think our center position looks much better than the majority of the league.

4. Stevie Francis

Who? Oh Cato and collier....What about them.

5. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

IR I hope

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If we do trade K.T., Collier is good insurance at two positions. He can play center, but his real position has always been PF.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Cato is the best trade offer Rox have...tall and (how dare I say it?) reasonable contract (look at other tall guys' contracts)...at least JC gives his all (shame his all ain';t been much to see)...

8. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

The problem with Collier has been health. He injured his knee, and had problems with rehab. I have worked with the Rockets in the past in their strength program, and this dude is big, strong, and works very hard. If his knee gets back to 100%, he could provide us with a big banger that can knock down an open shot. I don't know if you guys remember but given his first significant minutes in his first year, he came in and showed good hustle and provide some muscle defence against Shaq. He fouled out and left the court to a rousing ovation. He does have some game, but must get 100% healthy.
    Cato is the epitome of the problem with offering guarenteed contracts. When he came over from Protland, he was a monster, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, and dunking on people. Remember, when we first traded Pippen, Hakeen was excited with the team and I think Cato was part of the excitement. However, obviously once the long term, lucrative contract was signed, his motivation waned. It's a sad thing too because if someone were to ever light a fire under his ass, I bet you guys would be suprised how much talent this guy actually has.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Cato will be pushed to the bench sometime this season.

After spending the year on the IR, Collie will test FAgency and end up signing with the Knicks to be their starting C for a 7 year 50 mill contract.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

in the words of public enemy, "don't....don't, don't don't...don't, don't don't believe the hype!!"

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

cato will serve as a back-up after all-star break.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

:D