1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 90's Duo Would You Add To Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PDJACK7, Aug 1, 2013.

?

What 90's Duo Would You Add To Roster?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2013.
  1. Olajuwon/Drexler

63 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Jordan/Pippen

66 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Stockton/Malone

32 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. "KJ" Johnson/Bakley

10 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Payton/Kemp

11 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Our projected starting lineup is Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Howard. With all the "lets sign this player" or "trade for this player" got me to thinking. For the fun of it, lets add a 90's duo (in their prime) to the roster.

Any duo you add to the team will replace your current starters. I put up some options, but you may choose other and add your own. Please explain your thought process of adding the duo.

Note: If you decide to go with a different duo, they must have played a minimum of 4 seasons together in the 90's (didn't want to expand too far back). Also, try to leave your homerism, hate/bias out of it. Basketball Reasons

My homer pick Olajuwon/Drexler (had to do it).
    Olajuwon/Jones/Parsons/Drexler/Lin

Most logic pick Jordan/Pippen (because they accomplished the most and seems to be able to play with anybody and win, but I know most will pick them).
    Howard/Jones/Pippen/Jordan/Lin

Putting my dislike to the side, I picked Stockton/Malone. Yes like many Rockets fans I hate those two, but if they were on my team I would probably love them. We add two hard nosed/dirty (however you look at it) guys to our young bunch. Plus we add two HOF while keeping our top 3 guys (Howard/Harden/Parsons). Could you imagine this team with Stockton as the floor general. Fast break, pick and roll, alley oops, he would get guys in the right spots where they could score easy and efficiently. Stockton would average between 16-18apg with this group, and give us great shooting. Outside shooting from Parsons, Harden and Stockton, while Malone and Howard control the paint.......Crazy
    Howard/Malone/Parsons/Harden/Stockton

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I will go position of need and pick Payton/Kemp

Payton
    Harden
    Parsons
    Kemp
    Howard

Stockton/Malone is probably the better fit and talent but I loathe the Jazz.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

SHAQ & KOBE

OR

SHAQ & PENNY

4. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I thought about adding Shaq and Penny, but felt Penny's star was short lived.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Jordan & Pippen!
    Best duo ever!

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The 2 duos that immediately came to mind that I think would fit best with what we have, excluding the Jazz duo for obvious reasons, are...

GP/Harden/Parsons/Kemp/Howard

KJ/Harden/Parsons/Barkley/Howard

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Duncan/Parker would be a good fit, also Wallace and Billups. Also the correct answer is Lebron and Wade.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I love this.

9. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Milli Vanilli

10. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yes, I had a hard time picking Stockton and Malone, but had to put my feelings to the side. Payton/Kemp was a close second. And I did account for position of need, the reason I couldn't go with the home team Olajuwon/Drexler.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I never been a fan of Shaq and Kobe Duo. By the way this thread is 90's duo NOT 00's.

12. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Jordan/Pippen easily

13. Know Your Role

Olajawon/Maxwell is the ticket. Ok I'm biased.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What kind of Rocket fan are you putting Stockton Malone Pippen and Jordan on as choices?

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

if you just put Olajuwon on last year's team that team could go to the Finals and win it all.

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I know, that's why you have to read what I put. I had to really put my feelings to the side for this one....

17. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Was a toss up between KJ/Sir Charles and Glove/Reign Man, in the end went with Payton/Kemp.

Payton's D was really the deciding factor. Kemp's athleticism also played a part, but just imagine all the alley-oops from Payton to Kemp, Dwight, Parsons...

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Where's Sam Cassell and Robert Horry?
    that's all you really need.

You can start Lin and give Cassell more minutes.

Horry. you know that story.

19. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yes that is why they were a close second. My deciding factor was how Stockton would get everyone involved, and he shot great from the floor and 3. Plus with all Kemp's athletic ability, I still would pick Malone over him. Like I said though, it was hard picking Stockton and Malone.

20. ILoveTheRockets

have to go with Jordan/Pippen