1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference games remaining

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Feb 25, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's assuming denver stays the 2 seed. there's like 5 teams that can easily shuffle in the 2-7 slots

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm confident we will overtake the Clippers. Where Denver ends up will be up to them and how they finish the season.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they could overtake the clips and the clips end up the 3 seed. then you have the scenario of possibly playing both LA teams which you mentioned you wanted to avoid. theres just so much that can happen bw 5-6 teams and the seedings

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Nuggets play with minor injury:

Jamal Murray – left ankle sprain

Gary Harris – right adductor strain
    Paul Millsap – left knee contusion/sprain

Mason Plumlee – right cuboid injury

Michael Porter Jr. – back tightness

Will Barton III – general soreness

Injury bug has decimated the Nuggets roster

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Nuggets lose the game to Clippers Friday, Raptors Sunday or Bucks Monday, there will be 4th seed.

Nuggets are 3 seed if they lose Clippers at LA tomorrow.

#25 BigBum, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    deb4rockets and rhee like this.
  6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Clippers have a tough stretch over the next week or two (like 5 of next 6 games against tough teams).

If they hit a skid and the Rockets take care of business, they I think the Rockets can hold them off. If the Clippers (who I think are finally fully healthy), dominate this stretch, I could see them getting the No. 2 seed.

After that stretch, the rest of the season for the Clippers will depend on whether KL continues to load manage. They should beat most of the other teams on their schedule, but many are "trap games" especially if KL sits out.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

not to mention these b2bs are strategically scheduled to destroy momentum by incurring a loss which is nothing new. It just seems that the Clippers and Lakers in particular get weaker opposition on their b2bs

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our back to backs aren't bad. It could be a whole lot worse than ORL, SA, and PHO.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Man, I hope we keep this momentum going. We need that #2 seed!!! I can't wait to play BOS, LAC, LAL, and MIL. Nothing would be sweeter than stuffing a sock in the mouths of the man that calls himself "King"James and big mouth cocky Giannis. Those games are going to be great! We need to start putting the fear of losing to the small ball Rockets into everyone's head.

hieuytran likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Their depth has paid off IMO.

CP3 and his Thunder will be visiting Milwaukee first, see how that goes.....

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Here's the latest update. I tweaked it a little. I don't care about the bottom teams anymore, so I took off New Orleans and Portland.. There are about 6 teams all fighting for the 8th seed, and it doesn't matter much anyway.

15FA75D9C8534354A3D35025B4EB0BC7.jpg