1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 12, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Poll closed May 14, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

19.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

38.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

24.2%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Blazers in 7

8.1%
  6. Blazers in 6

4.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

1.6%
  1. Asian Sensation

Best sharpshooter in the history of Basketball? Not even on his own team. Not even 2nd best on his team. One of the best pure scorers sure.

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

I am not agreeing or disagreeing, but I've wondered this for a long time.

Warriors definitely have more variance. When Klay and Curry are hot (which statistically they're always "hot"), they're unstoppable. They score 9 points in three quick possessions and your team went 0-2 with 2 good shot selections and a turnover and you went from up 2 to down 7 in 30 seconds.

Durant makes the game more predictable. You watch him score and are amazed by his tough shots, but at the end of the day they might be 2 pointers with the defense set for the rebound. For us, we take that two pointer and hope we can match with enough threes to balance out the %.

Respect to Curry for being an elite player taking a back seat to Durant for the betterment of the team...

GotGame15, hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry was always the reason for the teams success. Just because Durant took more shots doesn't change that. Curry >>>>>durant

Ronkol, chadyang, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Feels like the blazers are just happy to be at the party. They have worked 2 years to get past the doorman only to be denied before even showing their IDs.

They caught the doorman slipping by a made 3 pointer from Paul George and finally got to the party.

Basically they’re at the party but don’t care enough to dance.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope this is the narrative that begins to get some traction...should really get Durant running to New York to prove himself.

Especially if they sweep Portland and then have trouble against the Bucks/Raps with Durant back.

6. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

They just lost by 22. Our 6 game series had a total margin of victory of 29. I think the Rockets choked and I may never look at Harden the same way again but damnit we are way better than the Blazers.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I know feel tons better losing to this team. People forget they have 3 all stars?

8. xaos

xaos Member

We are way better than a lot of teams, and you could make a legit argument for being still second to Warriors

BigShasta and everyday eddie like this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No team is going to come close to doing what we do against them.

They hate playing us because it’s hard.

They’ll cruise to another finals and then beat Toronto it Milwaukee in 5 games.

For all the flack we get and rightfully so we’re still the only team that even has a chance to beat that team even if it’s 20%. It’s still better than 1% like all other teams.

10. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Exactly, these guys suddenly remember that they are garbage when they play anybody else but the rockets.

BigShasta and everyday eddie like this.
  11. smp

smp Member

This looks like the team that won more than 70 games in a season. We have not really seen them like this for a while because KD has been around. Think about this though- with KD, we lost in 7 games last year and won 2 against them this year. Without KD, they owned us in previous years and this one. They are better without him if that's even possible.

It's crazy they have cousins and KD sitting on the bench. The NBA is broken right now.

GotGame15, BigShasta, Ronkol and 4 others like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

I was hesitant on watching this series, but I don't feel so bad. Not sure if I feel vindicated or if I'm not stressed about being up and down during the games, or whatever. But, I don't feel so bad haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

To be honest this makes me feel a bit better knowing the Warriors never came close to blowing us out this bad in any game in the series, even with Durant.

Still, I really hope we finally turn the real corner next season. ;)

GotGame15, Ronkol and xaos like this.
  14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Absolutely not. If Durant was there, Portland would have been blown out at half time.

chadyang likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Is that the reason silver gifted them with game 1?

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Nba is broken not because they are better but because refs are always helping them

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Looks like Kerr is content in playing the "B" team just to be merciful. He had players out there I haven't seen before. Clearly, Portland has no chance. Looks like they are going to get swept.

BigShasta and xaos like this.
  18. smp

smp Member

I didn't even get into the help they get from the refs but yeah, that's definitely another factor. If they weren't already stacked enough, they get help from the refs when there is true danger of losing the series.

19. xaos

xaos Member

Kerr gave more respect to the Clippers

Edit: The Clippers demanded more respect from the Warriors.
    That first sentence didn't feel right.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But how was their MidRange Game?
    Imagine how much worse it would be . . . .if Portland didn't have a mid range game

Rocket River

Zergling and xaos like this.