1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Westbrook signs contract extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Sep 29, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

ahh gross man. you're a lonzo fan lol

I do like Ingram though. hope he can improve to be atleast an all star caliber player. that length is just ridiculous

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

gotcha. I never really saw LA as a destination for any of the premier players. they were just going to have to start from scratch which they have. I guess well see once again if anyone decides to go to the great LA

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3's cap hold will be around 36 mil...so yeah, if they want to keep CP3's cap hold then they're gonna have to dump Ryno and probably Ego and Tucker as well...I haven't really tried to figure out all the math yet tho

I could see Morey going after Cousins if he's available, but other than that, I think we'll be looking at expirings, guys on the waiver wire/buyout market, or guys who will be easy to move next offseason like Lou Will

PG would've been perfect for this team. I think we were more focused on PG than Melo. We were pressing Indy hard for a trade. The attention just shifted to Melo once he became the only guy still available. Morey would've had no problem dealing Ego and Clint for PG IMO, but Indiana just didn't want what we were offering. I would target PG heavy in free agency. Other than Lebron who's just a pipe dream until further notice, he's the one I want the most.

rm365 likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this, I think PG was the real target, and then Hayward which was a long shot. Melo was the left over

I think it'd be pretty hard to convince PG to come and lure him away from both OKC and the Lakers

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep, he was always going to opt in no matter what. Even if NY didnt trade him.

he is not going to pass up guaranteed 28 mil for one year at age 34.

Nook and Reeko like this.
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's better than the younger star who can barely get to the playoffs in the East.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like how KD never mentioned going to tge Warriors before he signed with thr Warriors?

PG isn't Lebron, he is just a mercenary in OKC unlike Lebron who has so many ties in Cleveland. I fail to see why he will resign when Lakers recruit him with max capspace and a boat load of rookies who will follow him like Ball amd Ingram.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, it's a definite long shot...I do think Morey could blow away whatever presentation the Lakers would give PG in free agency

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The 2018-19 salary cap is projected to be 108 million.

As it stands the Rockets will head into 2018-2019 with approximately 77 million in salary to 6 players.
    They have significant cap holds for CP3 (39 million) Ariza (12.8 million) Capella (5.8 million) for a total of $59 million.

Assuming the Rockets let go Isaiah Taylor (club option) and renounce Tarik Black, Luc a moute and the rest of their FA, their total will be77+59 = 136 million. That's still 28 million OVER the salary cap. http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/2018/

Renouncing Ariza and trading Anderson for nothing in returns brings the Rockets to 104 million. Leaving them just 4 million in cap space. This of course doesn't even account for 2018 draft picks, incomplete roster spots or camp invites like george de puala.

Unless CP3 signs for 23 million instead of anything near his max, the Rockets have no way of even approaching 20 million in cap space next season, short of renouncing CP3 or trading & renouncing everyone except Harden, Capella, Tucker, Nene and CP3.

#50 blahblehblah, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

'lol' at OKC is the new super team because WestBrick signed an extension. We should at least give it a couple months before we say George is staying. Melo and Westbrook are two of the worst teammates in the league. We all saw what Howard did to Harden. When Melo can't put up his numbers and Westbrook starts losing games to hero ball, George may go elsewhere for the money ... like LA.

13. Nook

Nook Member

No one is paying a 34 year old Anthony 90-100 million over 4 years.

You saw what Anthony was worth, very little. He isn't a very good player anymore.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trade kicker yes or no?

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

we'll see how committed OKC really is to spending

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

George can test the waters in OKC IMO by signing a short contract before he cashes in with the Lakers.....or end his career there.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

PG13 is not staying, he wants to go home badly. Melo is old & busted. And finally, good luck paying a 30+ year old player 35%+ of your cap when that player relies on explosiveness to be effective. The truth is they just extended him but his best basketball is behind him.

18. BackdoorHarden

This is going to suck for the rockets. Now they have to deal with another super team in OKC.

How did Presti get Melo and PG13 for 2 of the worst contract in the NBA?

My reaction to Presti gettling PG13 and Melo for 2 horrible contracts:

[​IMG]

19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Stfu Durant did no wrong. Only lil b1tches are demon trolls like you.

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Am I the only one that also see this as a risk for OKC?

bleacherreport.com/articles/2394000-russell-westbrook-to-miss-part-of-training-camp-after-injection-for-knee-injury

It might also be that Westbrook is derisking his career