1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook Is a clear upgrade over CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Jul 11, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

If you can’t see how big of a upgrade Russ is then I don’t know what to tell you. He is upgrade on the court and has a great bond with Harden who is willingly deferring to russ

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Russ is putting up Shaq numbers in the paint. Going up against Boston really shows you how dominant Westbrook is. They are well coached and their team made every adjustment that could be made but it just wasn't enough.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

DD has 7 defenders on because he thinks that makes for better basketball

Blurr#7, King1 and Patience like this.
  4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Out of curiosity, have you ever actually changed your mind about anything? I’ve never seen it in person after 10 years and thousands of posts, but hell, why not ask?

King1 likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

DaDakota saying something guarantees the opposite will happen. I've never seen someone be so wrong about everything in my life. He's a human cartoon

topfive, RocketRed84 and Blurr#7 like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

u think...what gave it away. tge 3 straight thriple dubs he averaged, the mvp, what lol

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol we been saying thats gonna go for 4 straight years n after how many surgeries. its a really laxy take

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He actually used to be a Republican now he is Trump hating liberal. I'm more moderate. When I joined 17 years ago I disagreed with him from the left now I disagree with from the right on politics

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

I hate to compare the two - coz CP3 laid all out on the line for us

But, Russ has been carrying this team for a while. Unthinkable before he got here. This gives us hope in the playoff when teams are going to scheme for Harden like crazy. I will say this, with all the respect to CP3, he couldn’t pick us up in Game 6 last year even when he wanted to.

RocketRed84 and amaru like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Tommy .. . YOU AIN'T BEEN HERE NO 17 YEARS!!!

Rocket River

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think there is still 2 year left n Russ to perform at this level.

amaru likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You telling the same joke for three years is the same reason Martin went off the air

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is actually the exact opposite of how I'd guard them, tbh.

If I'm a defender, I'm guarding straight up, and NEVER helping off the corner three. If Russ and Harden combine for 80, fine. Rest of the dudes won't combine for more than 25. This has beaten teams with 2 dominant players before many a time, including by the Mavs against our Yao-McGrady Rockets.

The key to beating this is Eric Gordon... who unfortunately is having as turd of a season as anyone could have predicted.

But even if they use your approach... it'll still come down to the role players ultimately, and EG.

Frankly, to me, if Russ keeps playing this way, the potential for a ring, OFFENSIVELY, deep in the playoffs, comes down to EG. Or, super super unlikely, but if not him, than someone like RoCo doing it both offensively 18 ppg or so type average AND defensively. Which seems like a BIG ask.

King1 and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. JackLordsHair66

Russ is making a believer out of me after I wasn’t to thrilled his first 6 weeks here, he’s been an alpha competitor and has clearly been as important if not more important as Harden the last 8-10 weeks, he’s been a monster in almost every game and it’s not hard to see. I rest liked CP3 a lot and the 17-18 season was almost magical until like usual he broke done. I think he has a more diverse cast of capable players on OKC that’s helped keep him healthier this year and he has played very well, but Russ has been another level the last two months. No way CP3 could do what he is doing right now game in and game out.

smp likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Neither is a better or worse off player.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

How you build a team around them will determine how far that team will go.

Westbrook brings energy, passion, relentless attacking of the basket, explosive scoring, easy fast break points, rebounds, and picks up the tempo of your team.

Chris Paul brings outside shooting, defense, time and clock management, safer ball handling in crunch time, better passing, better control of the tempo.

They are both intense competitors and both respect each other's games.

You can win with either players.

I wish we had a trio of Harden-CP3-Westbrook. Would have been a guaranteed ring.

#355 Zboy, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    amaru and JackLordsHair66 like this.
  16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

DD is looking for a 600 pound center to single handily “pack the paint” guy is a basketball savant.

King1 likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Yup.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

@Clutch

Can you delete this thread? :(

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Your takes are never valid again.

20. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This trade has set the franchise back at least 5 years. And Morey is the one responsible for this