1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Texans. Let's talk guns.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jvu, Jan 10, 2014.

1. jvu

jvu Member

What was your favorite piece or favorite explosive device?

For me:

I've fired.

Coolest **** ever: Mach 19 grenade launcher - oh the thrill of firing grenades like it was a machine gun.

Most powerful weapon I've fired: .50 cal Machine gun - oh dear..

Most dangerous weapon: HE Grenades - most powerful device I've ever held on my palm.

AK47- cheap gun fires .762
    M16/M4 - Americas rifle fires .556
    SAW M249 sub machine gun 200 rounds per drum. Fires .556
    240B Machine gun - fires .762
    Some pistols
    Some shot guns
    Smoke grenades - gay might as well give this to the kids or keep for safety
    AT4 rocket launcher - back blast area all clear! did not like this bcuz you can only fire this right handed. I'm a lefty.
    M203 Gernade launcher - attached to my m16 wicked cool to be able to fire rounds down range and drop a grenade 5 sec later.

However I'm looking to purchase a gun in texas.. I have no idea what's legal or illegal or going to be illegal due to how much society has changed throughout the decade.

What have you all fired? What do y'all recommend? Gun laws to change in texas again (I'm sure we all hate to buy a gun and have it taken away)? I'm a big gun fan talk guns all day.

2. The Law

The Law Member

Very easy and convenient way to purchase guns person to person in Texas is TexasGunTrader.com

I am a police officer down here and have used this site multiple times for pistol/rifle purchases and sales, the folks on this site are real gun enthusiasts and have never had any issues dealing with people on there.

My favorite gun to shoot is always my newest gun, and in this case it's a Rock River Elite Operator 308. I milled the barrel to fab a suppressor and recently purchased sub-sonic rounds to carry. Took it to the lease with me and shot 2 male hogs within 10 feet of each other at 75 yards because of how quiet the weapon is now.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I haven't fired a great variety of weapons, but select fire is fun as hell. I got to fire off a few rounds of an M4 while in ROTC, but that's where my auto experience ends.

ARs are loads of fun as well....I built a Franken-AR out of a BCM upper and a Stag Arms lower. It's the first rifle I've ever built, and I was quite proud of myself when I finished it. All with Magpul accessories, of course. Very little recoil; very manageable. My 5'2" girlfriend loves shooting that one. Trouble is I have an astigmatism in my right eye, which is my aiming eye, and that causes the targeting reticule to look smeary. I need to do some research and find a good optic to remedy that.

One of my favorite things ever is skeet shooting. I've got my grandfather's old Remington 20 gauge for that, but I want a new shotgun.

Pistols: Glock 9mm, Walther PPK .22, and the simplicity and reliability of a revolver is nice as well. I have my great-uncle's WWII Colt .38 service revolver. I love that damn thing.

My favorite is really nothing special: a Remington single-shot bolt action .22 that belonged to my great-grandfather. It's what my dad taught me to shoot on; lot's of good father-son memories. It's close to 100 years old, if it's not that old already, and you can draw as fine a bead with it as you can with anything.

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

In basic I got to handle many weapons, but the machine gun was by far my favorite. Because I was a squad leader I got to throw a grenade...f*** me...that was loud.

1 person likes this.
  5. egr281

egr281 Member

Right now i have a colt new agent 9mm and a winchester 12 gauge. Im looking to at a P226 compact to my collection

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

dernt let em terk yer gerns

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

OP is dumbass?

8. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Lol :cool:

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

smoke grenades are gay

1 person likes this.
  10. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Keep the D&D out of this and let the gun enthusiasts talk about their interests.

1 person likes this.
  12. jvu

jvu Member

Silent.. But deadly. I've never fired a suppressor or sub sonic rounds, I'm going to have to check that out thanks for sharing

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Oh sorry, a mill is something used to make vertical machining operation on typically flat pieces.
    [​IMG]
    The word you were looking for is lathe, that's l-a-t-h-e.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for playing but if you are just going to make up stories it is doubtful you will ever enter the Showcase Showdown.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Keep that stuff in Swoly's bean thread.

1 person likes this.