1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Gonna Lead the League in Turnovers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket G, Jul 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

All from the PG position.

Add in Yao's and we'll lead the world.

FIBA will ban us.

Man, I love Stevie, but Rafer looks like a genius at PG as compared to him.

:eek:

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Please.
    I don't understand why and when a good PG is judged by less TOs.

Alston sucks and will be traded.

RIP the thread

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Adelman's pass and cut offense is WAY different than Iso ball.

DD

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Most of Yao's turnovers came from him trying to catch the ball while posting up, I don't see him posting up as much in Adelman's system.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

when u have a tracy, u don't need a true PG.

u need to surround him w/ players who can shoot and finish. as a result, u give him room to operate.

i mean, do u want tracy to pass out to aslton?

francis is not a great 3pt shooter. but if u pass it out to him on the 3pt line, instead of jacking a 3, he'll drive in and force MORE defensive rotations. same w/ james though james can shoot the 3.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

also, francis avg high TOs b/c he was force to do what tmac does (which he can't do very well).

he's not gonna be a playmaker on this team. he's not gonna be looked upon to shoot or create something spectacular when the shot clock winds down.

he has tmac for that.

7. ice_berg_slim

ice_berg_slim Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. Too bad Head might not be around to knockdown those threes.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

I thought Adelman system uses a lot of offense initiated by big man at high post with others screening and cutting. To cut down TO, it still has to be Yao to fix it.

Now, we might lead the league for most bone-headed plays like jacking up quick threes, base line reverse turn aound Js, alley oops ...

Betwen Wells, James, Francis, and possibly Tmac too. Man lot of egos on this team. Adelman better get it right.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

never know. maybe snyder will be traded along w/ rafer and JL3 and head stays.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Turnovers may go up a bit, but so will rebounding as well. Francis is a phenomanal rebounder.

11. rocketsmetalspd

RA system will work in having less turnovers..

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You act like turning over the ball is something new to the Rockets organization. It's been a common theme for a while now.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Thats what i don't understand about this board. After every transaction the team makes, no matter how good of a deal, there is always critics. Our new GM is doing a amazing job! There is no downside to the Francis deal. He's a more mature player than the one we traded away three years ago, and he comes at a bargain price. The Debbie Downers on the board need to see that we have one heck of a ball club now.

14. The Brian

The Brian Member

i wonder why we haven't gotten out of the first round recently...

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

People forget or can't remember that we weren't exactly running smooth basketball during the championship years either.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

WE might lead the league in turnovers as well as points scored, blocks, three pointers , free throw shooting and games won!!!!!!