1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Went to the game tonight my notes i took

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLEW1818, Mar 12, 2009.

1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

1) One thing that I really noticed about the game tonight is that Kobe is stoppable. I just don't know if he is stoppable for 4 quarters. We played very well on him the first few quarters of the game. Kobe is far above Lebron James in every aspect of the game. I've now seen both of them play live, and I can promise you that Kobe is so far ahead of James, it's not funny. Kobe literally makes everybody on this team better. (see number 19 on the Lakers, Powell).

2) We do not have "that guy" yet on this team. I thought Ron was that guy that could be clutch for us when it mattered. I know that Kobe is a rare breed, but we have nobody on our team that even comes close to Kobe. We won't be winning any championships anytime soon, I can promise you that, with the team we have.

3) I hate to say it guys, buy Yao is really soft. When it was crunch time, most of the times he had the ball, the Lakers would strip it from him. Sure Yao can beat the average team, but I don't think he can post up when in matters, like in the playoffs.

4) The rockets are not as physical as other teams. I know I'm just comparing mostly to the Lakers, but still. It pissed me off several times tonight because the Lakers would throw a "legal" jab or elbow, and we would not do anything. I loved it tonight when Artest finally got in Kobe's face, i was about 20 feet away from it. I wanted to run out there and help him. I'm tired of us being the nice guys all the time, I want to be dirty to a certain extent.

5) Blowing leads, we were up 11 points up at half time, championship teams do not blow a lead at home, on a days rest. It made me sick to my stomach.

Sorry about posting this hear but I needed to get if off my chest. I'm very worried about the future of our Rockets team. As i expected Lowry would play a lot more this game.

Oh and 1 more thing, I wish there were as many loyal fans at the game as me. I could not stand those ****ing LA Laker fans. It was like watching a Houston Astro game when they hosted the cubs. Made me sick to my stomach seeing all those worthless LA wanna be fans at the game cheering for team Kobe. The Lakers will not win the finals, its team Kobe.

2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Another thing, Shane can't seem to find it on the offensive end. Also I really like watching Wafter, but the dude looks like a blind folded bull when ever he drives to the lane.

3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Good observations dude...I agree with your assessment.....I still can't believe that people think Lebron is better than Kobe....People on the board think that I'm a Yao hater but he is what he is....Against weak teams he dominates...against the elite he struggles...Sad thing to admit that he is the best center in the nba because he is.....Adelman really got outcoached again....He should have been screaming at the officials about the illegal defense the Lakers played in the second half...its ok to be cool but to be dead while your team is at a disadvantage is ignorant....I did see that for the first time we are going to miss McGrady's playmaking skills...And I agree with the board that Shane really needs to work on his shot and to stop being apprehensive on the offensive end..

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I mean Gasol is such a p***y, seriously. The only reason he stands out is because of Kobe.

I do know one thing, I did see some of the rockets diving after balls tonight, that's something Tracy would never do.

5. ibm

ibm Member

just because yo went to the game and was frustrated doesn't mean you should start another thread. this belongs to the post-game thread - unless you've got pics...

6. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

how about you chill out? let the man post his threads

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Regardless what their numbers show, there isn't a player who puts more fear in me as a Rockets fan than Kobe Bryant. No lead is safe when that guy is on the other team.

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I really hope we get the sixth seed as this point.

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Another thing was listen to all the fake laker fans at the game talking about all their hall of fame guys, Kareem and Magic. Stupid LA Losers.

They kept chanting "MVP" during the fourth quarter. so i kept yelling

"FELONY, FELONY, FELONY " COLORADO WOMEN!!!!

it had a nice ring to it.

10. ibm

ibm Member

calm down, dude. i wasn't totally serious.

but seriously, what if every clutchfan who went to a game starts a thread here?

11. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

ya but i made kobe miss those 2 free throws during the first half. I need some credit..... :)

12. WillG

WillG Member

James>Kobe

13. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

your crazy if you think Lebron James is better than Kobe Bryant. It's not even close.

14. DaG.O.A.T

DaG.O.A.T Member

all kobe can do better than lebron is shoot 3s

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

and freethrows?? what about the 2's? you dont bother kobe if u try ur best to guard him it gets him fired up.

16. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

you cant be serious, gasol is one of the best players in the world, along with scola. He can play! Gasol is a better player than garnett

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

kobe is always stoppable in the first 3 quarters

18. crown519

crown519 Member

What about the way feeding Yao?

IMO, we had quite poor offense execution in 2nd half, when LA increased the toughness of its defense. Even worse, RA still does not know how to use Yao in such circumstance.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

1.) I agree, I said on this site after we stopped Lebron that Kobe was so far ahead of Lebron because mentally...he just is.

2.) You don't need one guy to hit shots, Yao is the guy. Give him a shot to be the guy, if Adelman stops playing him entire qtrs and gets around the fronting then maybe he can showcase his skills in the 4th as he's done more than people realize.

3.) Yao was TIRED, he played nearly the entire 3rd qtr, in fact I think he did. Went out in the 4th qtr and comes back in tired.

4.) We are very physical, just watch the game against the Jazz both teams are mauling eachother bascially. The Lakers are usually a very soft team, remember this was their biggest knock on them after losing to the Celtics and they still show signs of being soft. I'm wishing Odom would have played actually now...

5.) Clutch city Rockets blew leads at home, even the last year Celtics blew leads at home...it's going to happen against good teams. The bigger problem is Adelman and how Yao bascially played two qtrs non-stop.

Why are you worried about our future? We are still the 3rd seed, and we just lost to the Lakers in a close game. Move on, i'll be worried if we lose the next two.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

very funny. this guy knows his bball and he needs to actually post more often. you on the other hand, need to take it a little easy with your posting.