1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Jun 18, 2009.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Does anyone work in the mortgage industry? Why is it impossible to get in contact with anyone? I've called the person handling my loan app, his supervisor, and another loan officer. No one picks up their phone or return calls.

Are they this busy or just ****ty customer service? What bank can I go through that will handle my loan app in a reliable manner? Apparently WF doesn't like money.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know in California that Wells was one of the only banks doing home loans for a while this year, with the lameness of other banks combined with their history of relative loan sanity in the housing market. Hence, their volume became astronomical and they could not handle a lot of loan requests in their normal fashion.

I have generally found them to be very professional, and I prefer them to other lenders I've worked with.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I know that Burnett Home Loans is incredibly busy, so I assume they are as well, although that is no excuse for no one to not be returning your calls.

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

When working with the banks ( Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc.) I always have to be on them like glue! If you don't stay on top of them, than they tend to slack off. I got into a shouting match with Bank of America loan department one time for screwing my client over. Needless to say, they fixed everything.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you're applying for a home loan now? Shoulda done that a month or 2 ago when it's still under 5%....
    you might wanna try emailing those folks, altogether, if you got their email address. Or threaten to take your loan elsewhere:)

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I applied over two months ago....and I'm still getting no where with WF. Going to try BoA.

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

That's crazy. Try Chase? We have ours with Chase.

8. updawg

updawg Member

WF was never got in touch with me either. I used to have them for the mortgage and refinanced not too long ago. i went to them first but never was able to get in touch. ended up using someone else.

Too bad too, since I probably would have saved some closing costs had I used them. Also, I bank with them and now the mortgage will be with Chase which is evil

Shop around

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Good luck and stay persistent with those guys.

10. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

11. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

have you tried www.penfed.org? Thats where we do all of our credit stuff and the customer service is actually very good for all the times i have called and applied for loans.