1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, I kind of like the picks...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rimbaud, Jun 29, 2000.

1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, the Rockets did not get a star, but that is not their fault. All that nonsense before their pick took care of that. Miles, Miller and Johnson all gone.

Moiso? Yeah, that was what we needed at #9 - a 4 who has a very raw offensive game, questionable work ethic, and cannot rebound (even though he is a 7 footer). So basically, he is Kelvin Cato when Cato plays at his worst.

Look, if Cato does indeed improve his hustle, he provides defense, garbage points, and boards.

What do Francis, Mobley, Mooch & Anderson need in a big man? Someone to get out of the way.

Collier is not a "camp myself in the key and wait for the ball" kind of big man. He will roam and shoot. Every now and then he can post up. Basically, he can only play the way everyone has wanted Hakeem to play, without the excellent defense. Bullard can only shoot - do not compare the two.

Langhi could but up solid numbers for a 2nd rounder. A lot of "experts" had him as a draft sleeper. He is even a little more athletic than Williams.

Basically, I see Rudy going back to an Inside/Outside game - with a twist. Instead of post ups with big men, it will be guard penetration. If that close, then it can go out to shooters. Williams, Langhi, Collier, Thomas (a little), Bullard, Drew (if he stays ).

Plus we get more picks next year - huge draft.

The Rockets did not get studs, I am not saying that. Collier will not be a 15 and 8 guy in his first year, but he could very easily be an 8 and 4-5 guy. Not too bad. Langhi could potentially go for about 5 or 6 ppg. All fitting into the system, not changing chemestry or adding more underachievers.

Oh, and just drop the stuff about them being white. That is irrelevent.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! What logic!

I definitely agree.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Sorry, didn't read this earlier. I was mad at the picks last night, but now I kind of like them like you. I think all of you will be very surprised to see these guys next year. Collier is a big man who can play multiple positions, and also can open up the floor with his great shooting.

I really like the Langhi trade. He seems to fit well in Houston, and if he was co-MVP with Swift, that should tell you something. He has the marksman's eye of a guy like Bullard, but also some athletic ability and ball handling kills. I like him. I'd give the Rockets a B for the draft, instead of the C's and D's you guys have been giving. Good post rimbaud.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Langhi will have a tough time scoring 5 ppg for us while playing in Europe next year (or the IR for any of you optimists).

------------------

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say right now the draft (for the instant impact with what we got out of it right now) gets a C+. But if things pan out, that could easily turn into an A+.

Langhi was a nice pick. I was thinking about the future "Bullard" of this team (every team needs the team sharpshooter, Legler, Bullard, etc.). One thing that's positive is we got taller. That is a KEY if we want to give more PT to the short guys.

I'd have no problem playing 2 7 footers (Cato-Collier) with Shandon, Cuttino, and Francis.

Collier will be a solid player. Various players that he is similar to: Lafrentz (minus the shotblocking, plus more range), Divac (except a PF), and maybe even a little Sam Perkins.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Pretty good analysis Rimmy.

But you still suck.

------------------
    No signature for you!