1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Playoffs Brock

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Jan 7, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Brock made some good plays today, especially with a couple runs to get us the first down. I definitely see progress. No turnovers for 2 straight games is the best he has done all year.

I want to see more deep passes though. New England will stuff us if we don't mix it up. We can't run run pass to the TE. We definitely can't play our usual conservative game like we did in the second half today. Our guys have to play smarter against NE, and not run a route 2 yards shy of the marker on 3rd down. We can't make stupid penalties against such a good offensive team.

They say Defense wins Championships, which gives us a chance if we just play clean, and mix it up. Time to open up the playbook and give us more options on offense. All I do know is our defense was AWESOME today. Clowney is a beast, and the list goes on and on. I love watching our defense!

GO TEXANS!

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Amazing what happens when Brock/Offense doesn't turn the ball over

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is the problem...90% of NFL starters are much better than decent when given time and open receivers. Unfortunately, our standard with Brock is for him to be decent when he has these two factors in his favor. What we need, is someone that is decent under pressure or with covered receivers...which is what the top 12-15 QBs in the league can do.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not realistic though and I disagree that the team "needs" that. They just need average which can be defined as somewhere around a 90 QB rating or another way of saying it is Andy Dalton/Alex Smith territory. If he can manage that, the fully healthy Texans are championship contenders. Hell if he can just get into the 80's which is Eli Manning/Joe Flacco/Jameis Winston territory then the Texans will be very good. They absolutely don't need a top tier QB to win it all.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah, we need him to become a serviceable QB and today he was in the first half. But, I don't think BOB trusted him in the 2nd half as much and we had more punts as a result of this. I think BOB needs to show more confidence in him next week, though. Because the only way you can beat New England is to keep Brady off the field and to do that you need longer and sustained drives, if we punt the ball against them as much as we did against the Raiders its not going to be a very close game. I hope our running game and OL is up to the task too.

I know the defense will bring it but I worry about time of possession for our offense and our lousy special teams.

(yes, we may play KC if the Dolphins win but I don't think they will).

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That's what she said.

[​IMG]

7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Brock Osweiler has a higher playoff win percentage than Tom Brady...

Two Sandwiches and Rocket River like this.
  8. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

No still need someone not named Brock osweiler or tom savage

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Right, Dalton/Smith territory would be amazing...but those guys are decent even with pressure. If the only way Osweiler can get a 90 rating is to have a clean pocket and open receivers, he's never going to reach that number. He has to improve quite a bit for that to happen.

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Well, it's looking like he'll be facing the Patriots.

Just make it entertaining Brock!

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll consider it a win for Brock under one condition:
    A TD:INT ratio of 1 or better.

Good luck, Brock, I don't believe in you.

awc713 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Stupid thread

13. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Wow look at your name

Laay count man?

14. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

F**k off-season Brock
    F**k pre-season Brock
    F**k regular season Brock
    F**k playoff Brock

Yaosthirdleg, vinsensual and J.R. like this.
  15. Mr. Space City

Its different when you're actually playing a decent defense on the road and you actually need to score TD's.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  16. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I really dislike Brock Osweiler and George Godsey among many others. :mad::(:mad: