1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome home Dennis Rodman!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by itwasmichael, Dec 9, 1999.

1. itwasmichael

itwasmichael Member

Well, we knew it was going to happen at some point in this crazy run of games we call the millenium Rockets season......Dennis Rodzilla" Rodman is going to end up playing for Rudy and the boys. Although he is a certified freak, Rodman offers us the last chance of grabbing the 8th and final seed for the playoffs. Think of this opening round matchup: Pippen and the Blazers taking on Rodman and the Rockets. Welcome home Dennis Rodman!

------------------
    A simple question: how many championships has Scottie won without Michael?

2. itwasmichael

itwasmichael Member

I want everyone on this board to know that I am going to make up for the Sam Mack fiasco. You heard it hear first.....Rodman will be a Rocket soon. Mark it down and thank me later!

------------------

3. JT

JT Member

Thank you? Sorry but NO THANKS! We need a player not a freak show.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Why not take a chance on Rodman? What have we got to lose. If he screws up, just waive the guy/gal.

Rodman is psychological mastermind. He gets into peoples heads. I think that we need a guy like him to go after the other teams power forward.

5. RockyTopGuy

RockyTopGuy Member

I'd rather have the lottery pick!

6. Smokey

If the Rockets need a body for the bench then Dennis is one solution. It isn't the best. I'd rather get someone from the CBA, but the Rockets at the this point can gamble. The worst thing that can happen is that Dennis goes overboard like he did with the Lakers. So what? We just cut the guy and head to the lottery. My question is: What have we got to lose at this point?

7. itwasmichael

itwasmichael Member

RockyTopGuy,
    Your comments are not appreciated here. This is a board made for winners. Please go back home to your L.A. Clippers board. Thanks and take care!

------------------

8. itwasmichael

itwasmichael Member

Smokey,
    Your comments are well thought out and appreciated. you have a winners attitude and I agree with you that there is little risk in bringing in Dennis. Rudy is much like Chuck Daley (a players coach). Rodman will work for the remainder of the season!

9. RockyTopGuy

RockyTopGuy Member

Why so sensitive?
    Listen - I would really rather have the Lottery pick. You get Rodman - make the playoffs - 1st or 2nd round if we are lucky -then what? Or what if he self destructs again. Too many risks.
    If the playoffs don't happen - then we get a good draft pick to pair along with Francis for the future. Think about it.
    Really - lighten up....You don't have to be a rude S.O.B.

10. Lifetime Rocket

Lifetime Rocket New Member

From reports that I heard earlier today, Rodman has signed with Seattle and will be playing by January. I heard that on a Salt Lake raido station today, so from what I heard he is already taken. Something has got to happen soon though, we don't have much rebounding.

11. Isabel

Isabel Member

Rodman is not the answer. Think about how long it's been since he's played. (and we all know he would spend his free time practicing and keeping in shape, right? 'cause he's such a model citizen, so hardworking and level-headed, right?) Think about how old he is. You thought last year's "Big Three" were old - Rodman is older. Not playing most of last season pretty much sealed his fate. It's a shame for someone with so much talent... but from now on, his only career is as Rodzilla.

12. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Rodman didn't draw any double team when he was playing, and I don't think he will.

The only thing he did was rebounding.

Rodman is no Charles. [​IMG]

13. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Rodman is not the answer. Can you imagine Dream & Rodman together. Won't happen.

Only future I see is the lottery. Adding more talent for next year. Think of the Spurs when Robinsin went down.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

IWM...put down the crackpipe, or chalupa, and slowly back away. Rudy has been quoted several times in the media that Dennis Rodman would never be a Rocket as long as he was coach. I seriously doubt that Charles' injury would change his opinion. He already has enough headaches to deal with this season. Don't hold your breath on this one. I wouldn't want to see you turn blue.

------------------
    Just Win Baby! More Than Four Times!

15. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but ... it couldn't hurt to bring him in for a talk before signing him to a non-guaranteed contract. MAYBE he's changed. Hey, last time I saw him his hair was black. One shade of black too. No grays, whites, colors - just black. My wife didn't recognize him. MAYBE he's come to realize that this is his LAST chance. WWF or NBA. Talk to him. Get a feel of his attitude. If it's the same then, "Thanks, we'll let you know".

But realistically, with Charles out (hated to see him go out like that - I really came to respect him and his game), Hakeem and Rudy already have their memories and rings, I think they will go ahead and start the rebuilding process. Even with a non-trouble making Rodman, making the playoffs is a possiblity. Winning the Championship ... well ... let's get realistic.

I'm not saying they'll tank it, but right now, the more they win the fewer lotto balls they'll have at the end of the year.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Getting Rodman may well improve our lottery position. All the same, I'd rather die than see him in a Rockets uniform. I certainly wouldn't watch another game until he was gone. As for Seattle signing him, I don't believe it. If they do though, it'll open a playoff spot for us. The man is poison.

[This message has been edited by JuanValdez (edited December 09, 1999).]

17. Francis3

Francis3 Member

If the rockets want to win.. Then Dennis Rodman can help alot.

If the rockets want to get the lottery then who cares about Dennis.

18. Chickenhead28

Chickenhead28 Member

starting at power foward #10 Dennis......

I think this will be a great pick up. We have nothing to lose! Charles can still be part of the team and be on the bench,cheering and coaching. I still think Rodman has alot to offer, with him,akeem,cato and that rookie, they will have a good rotation.
    Rudy will let him do his thing pretty much like Phil did.
    it can't hurt.

19. IWannaBeLikeDream

No way on Rodman. If the Rockets don't make the playoffs this year, I think this will be the first time they didn't since Hakeem has been with us.

------------------
    "Not NOW, Cato!!!"
    -Kevin Calabro, Sonics Commentator

20. Smokey

Rudy has been quoted several times in the media that Dennis Rodman would never be a Rocket as long as he was coach. - RocketMan Tex

How long do you think Rudy will be coach?

If the rockets want to win.. Then Dennis Rodman can help alot. - Francis3

That's exactly what I am saying. The key is help alot. He could also hurt the team alot, but then we would just waive the guy. Seattle wants Rodman to intimidate his old buddies in LA. Westphal isn't getting along with Payton. Good move on Westphal's part to take a gamble. I don't think Westphal will be around for longer.