1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wednesday Night Watch...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Blue Brick, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Beside taking care of own business tonight, a number of our key competitors are in action too,

Spurs @ NO
    Can them both lose? :confused:

Jazz @ Bucks
    Yes Jazz is atrousious on the road, but the Bucks isn't exactly ur perfect Giant Killer candidate. Still, I'm living in hope.

Bobcats @ Mavs
    ... next :rolleyes:

Grizzlies @ Nuggets
    I'd love to have Denver in the play-off rather than GS.

Raptors @ GSW
    I'm somehow encouraged by the way Toronto took on the Lakers last night..

What do u guys reckon?

2. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Yes both Spurs and NO can lose if one beats the other but at the cost of his own key players ;)

Grizzlies will hand the Nuggets a win just so that they could be fair to the rest of WC playoff contenders.

Jumpers for jumpers, the Raptors are not that worse off compared to the GS midgets. So there is a good chance that the Raptors will win the game if the GS has an off shooting night.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We could get lucky with the Jazz at the Bucks. Utah is a bad road team, so I could see Milwaukee pulling off the upset.

Spurs at Hornets is win-win for the Rockets(provided they take care of business in Atlanta). They can move into 2nd place courtesy of a 2-1 lead over the Spurs or put more distance between themselves and New Orleans.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in the grand scheme of things, i'd rather have more room to falter during hell week (lal, bos, nok, gsw, pho). IOW, i'm going for the spurs tonight.

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

As would I. ;) I still maintain though that the last slot will come down to Dallas, Phoenix and the Nugs. I think Golden State's going to move on up to 6 or 7 when it's all said and done. Top two are going to be LA & SA. Next three are Houston, NO and Northwest Division Winner (becoming pretty damn likely that it's Utah) and then GS, Dallas, Phoenix and Denver/Utah for the last three spots.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

True, but the Rockets can give themselves more room to falter by winning in New Orleans next week. They've won 19 in a row. Why not set their sights on the #1 seed instead of trying hold onto to the #3 spot?

That does seem to be the likely scenario. Unfortunately, I can't see the Nuggets beating out Dallas and Phoenix for one of those spots.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

My picks.

Hornets over Spurs

Nuggets over Grizz

Bucks over Jazz

and...drum roll please...

'Cats over Mavs.

Franchise-record six games in a row. But sorry Charlotte, that's where the streak ends. ;]

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Neither can I. I think the '07-08 Nuggets are going to replace the Rockets as the best team (record wise) to miss the playoffs.

9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Yes, if they fight and players get suspended :D

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At least tonight's slate of games is better than last night, where only the Jazz/Bulls was worth watching. The Hornets beat the snot out of the Spurs in San Antonio earlier this year. Tonight, I think the Spurs will win. Even after watching last night, I don't think the Jazz will lose to the Bucks unless Redd explodes for 50+.

11. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Don't you just love this time of the year? Something to look forward to almost every night! (Granted have rockets not been in in the picture, it'd be totally different)

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This year is better than most years. Sometimes, the period from after the All-Star game to the end of March is where the NBA loses a lot of people's interest. Not this year.

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm greedy. I want #1.

Go Hornets! :p

14. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

here it comes...

15. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Phew........ That was a close shave!! But now fellas, grab a cold beer, enjoy the rest of this perfect night!

Go Bucks!!
    Go Cats!!
    Go Nuggets!!
    Go Raptors!!

16. sbyang

sbyang Member

Bruce Bowen just stomped on Chris Paul, Paul got an offensive foul. Bowen is awesome...

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Come on Bucks!

18. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Man, NO is whipping the spurs right now..

19. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Bucks are playing one hell va game out there.

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Bucks up 7; I hate the Jazz.