1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Website Calendar Feature - recommendations?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Here is what I need:

- schedule/calendar template that is easily editable and can be thrown on a page

- this schedule/calendar will have 3-4 important times on it per day, when the user hovers their mouse over the time they get a seamless "pop-up" style window (that doesn't actually pop-up in a new browser, rather, a pretty little box") with information on what is going to occur at that time

The interface has to be easy enough for someone with no programming skills to edit. Perhaps a software program with editable fields that generates code? Anyways, I cant really Google this function because I don't know what to even reference it as when searching.

Does anyone know what this kind of technology is referred to as? Is there some decent software available or will I need to hire a design team and programmer to implement it? Are any of you interested in creating it at a reasonable price?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I usually don't bug you guys so thanks for listening.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Will this go on a site that currently exists? The reason I ask is that if it does and it has some sort of CMS system already there may be a plugin that does what you need. Also, it would determine what language it needs to be written in.

If it's for a new site then there are free systems out there that can do what you need.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Are there any limitations? Can it be in Flash? PHP? PERL? Database-driven? Would you want text-only? :confused:

Google one or more of the following combinations: jquery calendar embed

Or, I'll charge you a case and a half. :cool:

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

You didn't mention if you already have a web site, so will go with the thought that you don't and will be looking for a hosting package.

Webcalendar is often included in <i>Fantastico</i> auto install setups which are available in many web hosting packages.

Poke around a bit and then try the <i>Demo</i> to see if that is what you are looking for.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Appreciate the feedback guys, I will look into all suggestions and disperse rep shortly.

The website already exists. Although I do update the site I am not by any means a technical person, I come from the marketing perspective... trying to make certain pieces look sharp and friendly for our customer base.

The birthday calendar here at CF is kind of what I want... you hover over the date and you get a popup... anyways I will look into these things and come back here for more guidance.

THANKS!

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Take swoly up on it, he's undercharging.
    :cool: