1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Webber prediction...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Mar 9, 2001.

1. ScreamingRocketJet

This is just a gut instinct...but here goes anyway:)

Portland to offer Sacramento Wallace for Webber in some sort of sign and trade deal in the off season and Sac to take the bait.

Wallace has been chucked from the last two games and if he does it during the play off's, he will be gone I think. They cannot rely on the guy even being in the game at crunch time, let alone winning them the game. I read a lot of the Portland press, and it's obvious that they are starting to get fed up with his antics.

The reason I mention all this is because, if Webber does leave Sacramento...I think we'd be the best positioned team to sign him out of all the teams with cap space. Thus...the one thing that could screw that for us would be someone like Portland offering a blockbuster 'sign and trade' etc...

------------------

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I don't think Webber would agree to a sign an trade to Portland. He's already stated his disinclinations with living in such a small metropolitan, like Sacremento. I don't think Portland has enough multi-racial strip bars to intice Webber furthur north. Now, Houston on the other hand is a another story....

------------------

3. KGPD21

KGPD21 Member

Wallacce isn't getting traded. Portland won't give him up and Sacrememnto will do all it can to keep C-Webb.

------------------
    Rasheed Wallace gots mad skilz. Who cares about the techs?

4. ScreamingRocketJet

I think that Portland team will be ripped apart unless it wins it all...Wallace is the guy who'd get them the most, so why wouldn't they trade him? I love his game...but their comes a time where he has to grow up and control his emotions. If he can't do that in the play offs...I think they'll trade him for someone who can.

Webber won't be staying in Sacramento anyway unless they win it all...

------------------

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like your bold prediction but Rocketbooster is right. Sacramento = white. Bucolic. Webber needs the sort of urban surroundings that only Houston can offer(!!!!)

------------------

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Portland will NOT win it all. Championship teams do not lose three in a row, when two of those losses are to the Grizz. Playoff teams don't do that. Portland is a joke. All their summer improvements, and they have 21 losses. They had 23 all of last year.

------------------
    I'm the most positive Rocket fan in the world.

7. ScreamingRocketJet

I am an Aussie...so forgive my lack of geographical nouse on USA cities:)

Seriously though...Portland really are getting in a slump and man are they in trouble if they can't win it all. Kemp, Pippen, Sabonis, Davis etc all are past their primes and have bad contracts or injury concerns.

Stoudamire was overated( how lucky were we that THAT deal feel through..) and has little value due to his maximun contract..

That really only leaves Wallace that could get them something...

------------------

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You will when he's getting kicked out of important games on a regular basis. Rasheed is as good as Webber, and Garnett, and Duncan but he doesn't have the patience of any of those guys and that is why they would take Webber over Rasheed, and of course with his talent the Kings would take a chance on Rasheed.

------------------
    Rocks2001 in disguise. . .