1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Webber for Hill swap likely???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Dec 11, 2000.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

2. Digaida

Digaida Member

I totally agree Countingcrow. Although I desperatly want my dreaming to come true, that Webber somehow signs with Houston, I really don't see a reason to leave Sacromento. Their fans are amasing, their team is really under rated and has a very good chance this season. From my point of view leaving for NY would just be stupid, Webber has such a better chance of winning anything by staying in Sacromento, they've put the pieces in place. Exactly like you said, if you can't beat LA now how are you going to beat them in finals, or anyone else for that matter....take it like a man and build to the point you can kick the s#it out of your biggest baddest foe [​IMG] .

As long as Sacromento is not playing us, I'll be routing for them and Webber.

------------------

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't think so. The Kings really aren't that young, and really aren't that good. Webber's played what, 7 or 8 seasons? Christie and Nick Anderson are probably both 30 (I don't know for sure, so don't get on my case if I'm wrong). Divac is old, Jason Williams is just not good, Stojakovic is good and young -- that's one. To me what they've done is similar to the Mavs -- put a bunch of decent players together in hopes that it pans out, but in reality all they are is a decent team. Webber is still no Duncan.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

webber might not be Duncan, but damn he's close.

5. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Hey Freak, you are right about Webber being no Duncan. Webber is better than Duncan hands down!

------------------

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

no way this happens.

and its only one article really. It seems NBAtalk is good at cutting and pasting.

Webber is doing more for his team right now, but Duncan has much brighter upside than Webber.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

7. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I don't know why the media continues to say that Webber doesn't like Sacramento. It is obvious that they will give him anything he wants and that raucous crowd they have each game in Sacramento is very supportive of Webber and the Kings. The Kings have one of the best young teams in the league and Webber knows it. If Webber leaves after the season to go to the Knicks, then I am going to lose all respect for him. He has said time and again that he wanted to get away from the big lights and the big city and play somewhere small so that he could focus on basketball and winning a championship. Sacramento is the perfect place for him to showcase his skills. I hope he doesn't think that Sprewell is going to automatically bring him a ring because it is not going to happen. As for the people that keep saying that Webber is wanting to get out of the West so that he doesn't have to match up with Shaq and the Lakers as often, keep guessing. Webber is going to have to go through Los Angeles either way it goes to accomplish the ultimate prize. I think that Sacramento would be foolish to trade him away because I truly believe he will stay when it is all said and done.

------------------

8. Digaida

Digaida Member

Freak have you watched Kings this season? Yes it's early but they are a good team. Even though I hate Jason "White Chocolate" Williams, he is playing extremely well this year so far...

I can't see how Kings are not good team....

------------------