1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We would've struggled in the Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 16, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Watching the Raptors vs. Bucks, it is clear we are missing size, athleticism and spacing bigs. Look at Brook Lopez, Gasol, Giannis, Siakam, Ibaka, Mirotic, Ilyasova. We would've only been able to put Capela on one and of course PJ can shoot the 3 and body them up, but man it would be nice if we got some big bodies who can preferably space the floor. All those guys can shoot the 3 and both teams have 3 legit bigs.

We haven't been a big team with athletic guys since ages, I really cannot remember. What I do remember is how a lot of fans on here had been clamoring for them since the Yao-Tracy days with undersized Hayes, old Mutombo and them, which is similar now with undersized Tuck and old ass Nene ;) We have Faried who showed he can shoot the 3, but he didn't get playing time so I'm wondering who out of those 7 would not see the court. Ilyasova maybe?

Anyway, we struggled with rebounding against the Warriors, but even they might struggle against both front courts. Thoughts?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let the masses think we are still the 2nd best group assembled, and only the Worriers can stop us.

[​IMG]

#2 daywalker02, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Your post changed my entire life

Remlap, hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We have yellow hair Capela.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GSW will kill both.

Not impressed with Tor/Mil...

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

7. Vienna Calling

Faried cannot shoot the 3 on a consistent basis. His hot streak was a fluke.

Remlap, harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  8. Vienna Calling

...and I absolutely agree that we would have struggled mightily against the Bucks.

9. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I'm also in the camp that we would have struggled against the Bucks.

GotGame15 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Agreed. You can play as hard as you want but you can't suddenly become longer and/or taller

GotGame15 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A golden Light in the Dark.

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Bucks are about to win the title, they've been the best team in the NBA this year. Their star have wings that have size, versatile bigs that can shoot and rebound. They are young, tough, deep and can defend. They are put together how the Rockets should be , given how similar the two team's philosophies are.

#12 TEXNIFICENT, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    GotGame15, AXG and JW86 like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

No longer anxiety disorder? Glad I could help

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Rockets have been missing legit FORWARDS for years.

I've always said forwards because Dwight, Clint... maybe not perfect, but do their role very well. I absolutely get it... Clint got dominated in the WCF. He wasn't as bad last year when they were closer on the forward spot. A Clint that can shoot threes would be great, but he can't. But as much as he struggled... have to wonder how much better he might have looked if he wasn't surround by 3 guards and a big-bodied guard playing PF at all times? [no offense to PJ, he gives his all].

So I don't care whether it's a center or forwards. The NBA for 5+ years has been moving to tall, lengthy guys that can play outside in, or inside out. The best of the best are the KDs, Kawhi's, Lebron's, Giannis' of the world. But Jaylen Brown, Siakim, Draymond, Mirotic. Even though Draymond becomes an undersized 5, when they run their death/Hampton 5 lineup, only Curry is undersized, and relative to other PGs, not that much. Klay is their SG and he's 6'7.