1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will NOT continue winning like this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

No, more I think about it his minutes should be heavily reduced AND he should be coming off the bench. The team statistically does better without him on the floor.

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We played one good game, the first. We could beat the Spurs playing like that. The rest of the series -- we won't win a single game playing that way. Confused, lackadaisical, aimless. If we don't raise our game and keep it there, we might get one win in the next round, tops.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So it turns out the 2nd round is harder than the first round? who'd have thought

heypartner and bobloblaw like this.
  4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Harden acknowledged post game they can play much better and I fully expect them to in round 2.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Has anyone pointed out that we have continued to win?

Tl;dr

heypartner, Os Trigonum and bobloblaw like this.
  6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I kind of like seeing a lot of Lou Williams it seems like his contribution has helped with our turn over issues that we've always had.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To beat anyone really good we need Harden to be the best possible Harden he can be.

If he doesn't get healthy and figure it out, we have ZERO chance. He has to be better than Kawhi, Westbrook, Lebron, DurantStephDraymond. He needs to play like a freaking monster.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

What is it with CFers with "holic" in the moniker?!? o_O

heypartner likes this.
  9. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

The people who complain about other people complaining are the biggest whiners

roxallways likes this.
  10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Why has San Antonio let a 7th seed get 2 wins? Seems to me that we did one better than them.

11. dandorotik

Why has San Antonio let a 7th seed get 2 wins? Seems to me that we did one better than them.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's the playoffs man

Every game is a grind.

Every team in this postseason has had all there games like this except that allstar team in Oakland.

It's pretty amazing that most here myself included thought we couldn't win games without hitting 12+ threes and we've just won a series we're we didn't do that once.

Tonight we make 6 three I repeat 6 threes and still has command the whole game played very good defense and won the game.

The game was not as close as the score indicated.

Personally this was the best game we played all series imo. We were awesome on defense and it's the reason we won and are moving on.

It's very good moving foward that we haven't played great offensively and are winning on defense.

I'm confident that the O comes back around.

BigMaloe and Beardaholic13 like this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

So, we didn't just beat the 6th seed 4 games to 1? I'm confused. I thought I was supposed to be happy and rejoice after this series win. Guess I should hang my head and feel bad because we played a scrappy 6th seed with an MVP candidate and beat them, nay almost swept them.

Come on!!

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. dandorotik

Stoned, not drunk. And definitely a man. The Great Eight is proof of that.

15. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

i hope that now the westbrook mvp garbage is over with harden can calm down and play his game. we won this series, but i am not confident in the least. hopefully memphis can make the spurs work for it, but right now we have huge problems with anderson, ariza, and gordon. in none of the games did i feel very confident about our team. we seemed to win in spite of our play, not because of it.

regardless, i bet the team is feeling pretty good rn. they will regroup and be ready to go against our next opponent. it is encouraging that we can win a series playing so bad, with so much room for improvement.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
    Talk about pessimism. I'm usually a huge pessimist but I couldn't stop laughing at this.

I'm so proud of this team this year. We were the third best team throughout most of the season. We played a team with a great player in the first round and took care of business, only losing one game. Anything more moving forward is just above amazing.

BigMaloe and bilaal14 like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

This forum is way too negative. Apparently winning 3-1 against a pretty good team is not enough for the GARM to be happy for even 1 day.

BigMaloe and DudeWah like this.
  18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

0% chance we win playing like this going forward... the Rockets have been trash and it all starts with the man with the beard..... also anderson and ariza need to get it together offensively or we can start looking towards the offseason rather quickly... but good points OP.

19. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

4-1

20. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

0% ? Don't act like Spurs or Griz are playing their best games. Did you see Manu scored 0 point in first 4 game?