1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We want to get the first draft pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Hungarian Rocket, Nov 30, 1999.

Tags:
  1. The Hungarian Rocket

We're loosing, loosing, loosing... Maybe our goal is to reach one of the last places in the league so we'll have a chance to get a good rookie.

(The Spurs got Duncan with this "tactic")

------------------
    Peter Komlosi, alias KP.
    Student of Computer Technology
    University of Veszprem, Hungary
    komlosip@almos.vein.hu

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

You probably won't say that if you watched last night's game. They fought to death to force OT and won!

I'm not saying they WILL get better soon (sure I hope so), but my point is they are not aiming at the lottery as I observed. They might end up being in the lottery (might), but you can't say their GOAL is to reach one of the last places.

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Losing, losing, losing.

And if you really think we're tanking it to improve our chances in the draft lottery, compare Rudy's composure with that of Greg Popovich in 1996. Rudy still looks like every loss is going to kill him.

During most Spurs games that year, Popovich looked like he was about five seconds from busting out the latest issue of People magazine. You could read it in his body language. They'd completely given up.

I don't get that sense at all from the Rockets.

4. CaucasionSensation

Hungarian brother, by the way how do you stay informed or view the Rockets in Hungary. We've got GermanRocket on this board, who lives in Germany.

We're not intentionally tanking it, we're instead just a team without an identity. With now crumby superstars, and role players playing the wrong roles. It's sad there that so many of us here, before the season, thought this team could be a winner. Until you see it in action, you never really know. This team is lottery bound like it or not. And with the frequent injuries with Hakeem and Chuck it is much more likely.