1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We told you so !!! lol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Dec 8, 2014.

1. adagio75

adagio75 Member

I know this is considered NBA Dish, but i just had to post it lol. Well fellow true Rockets fans definitely know the ongoing inhouse debates and arguments regarding the ridiculous claims that Lin should be a starting pg in this league. This headline is no suprise at all.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/12/8/7352721/jeremy-lin-benched-la-lakers-byron-scott

Lakers' guard Jeremy Lin is not enjoying his time in Los Angeles. On Sunday night, he told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne that this season been "one of the toughest situations I've ever been in ever since I've started playing the game of basketball."

The quote came in response to Lin losing his starting point guard job to Ronnie Price. Carlos Boozer was also benched by Lakers' coach Byron Scott, in favor of Ed Davis. The changes were announced prior to the Lakers' Sunday night matchup against the New Orleans Pelicans, which they lost, 104-87, dropping their record to 5-16.

Lin played just 19 minutes in the loss, recording three points and four assists. Price had three points and three assists in 25 minutes of playing time. Following the game, Lin was asked about Scott's decision and what he thinks has been the root of the Lakers' problems.

Lin is averaging 11.5 points, 4.9 assists and 2.8 rebounds per game on the season. He's shooting 45 percent from the field and 34 percent from behind the three-point line. According to Sherlbune, Lin was told by Scott to "work on being in the right place defensively and creating offensively."

The Lakers' 111.9 defensive rating is the worst in the league, and, according to NBA.com, that number jumps to 116.5 with Lin on the court. The Lakers are being outscored by 13-7 points per 100 possessions with Lin in the game, the 11th-worst mark in the league among players who play 20 or more minutes per game (via NBA.com).

Scott said he plans on sticking with this new starting lineup for 10-15 games.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I wonder if lin will ever get media trained.

But merge into the nba dish lin thread would be the best idea

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder how they're rationalizing this over at linfans.net or whatever it's called.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

There's no one here for you to rile up with this.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

How did we lose to the Lakers?!

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

-11 rebounding differential.

Gave up 14 offensive boards.

38-20 points-in-paint disparity.

17 turnovers.

Everyone outside of Harden shot 23/63.

7. bmd

bmd Member

The Lakers shouldn't be this terrible. They have some decent players.

Byron Scott is the worst coach in the league.

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

and we lost to them -__________-

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In order: not so sure, not so sure, pretty sure.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I never thought Lin was a good starting PG. His game is scoring, but he isn't an elite scorer. He's a perfect guy off the bench IMO. Real spark for the bench.

I honestly would have loved to have him on our bench still, but his salary wasn't worth it and Canaan's shooting from the outside is a big plus. But Lin on the run attacking is a huge plus, I believe. That's basically his game. If you stop him in transition, he's really not worth anything.

12. bongman

bongman Member

moveOn.org

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Losing to the Lakers was frustrating because some of my dad's friends were who are in their 60s thought the Lakers to be good since they haven't watched since the early 90s.. I told them they were garbage. The Laker loss set me back socially...

14. HTM

HTM Member

use your charm, wit and good looks bro.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh, is that all?

16. downbytheriver

He's too much of a nerd to make it in the nba. Much more comfortable around books, chokes when pressured, extremely low real world iq. Look at a guy like bev, no college education, but huge Cajon es and takes the bull by the horn no matter what situation he's in. Just can't teach nerds that.. they'll keep passive aggressively whining to the media to garner sympathy.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lin will be on a run and gun team (e.g Warriors, 6ers, Rox, etc.) next season. He was a bad fit for the Lakers from the start. Running half court offense is not his strength.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lin was an addition that conned LA fans to caring more about a sucky team. HJe did his job, will get paid, and next year be on a team that is a better fit. Nothing has been proven because he can't succeed on that black hole of a team.

19. dream2franchise

I hate hearing the term, 'The game of basketball'. Nails on a chalkboard.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he just needs defense and offense... he's really almost there!

1 person likes this.