1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We still need a defensive minded 4/5 don´t you think?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Thanos, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

I wonder if any combination of Los/KT/Drew and the 4.5 mil exception could land us Jerome Williams from Detroit.

And if the Rockets still have any interst in Brad Miller, or that was just the backup plan if we had failed to land Mo?

The way i see it we are just one player from locking up our core for many years to come.

These guys could play backup C and PF duties for both Mo and Cato (when Hakeem retires) and wold take care of the rebounding end, which seems to be a concern for most of us.

The rebuilding would be complete if we landed Rashard after he finishes his run with the Sonics.

A team with:

C Cato, (J. Williams or B. Miller)
    PF Mo, KT or Los (J. Williams or B. Miller)
    SF Lewis, Langhi
    SG Shandon, Mobley
    PG Francis, Norris

would be championship bound for sure in a couple of years, IMHO.

Hopefully there´s a way to pull this off and STILL have money to sign both Mo and Shandon to their respective deals in the future.

------------------
    "The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It´s Heaven and Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Thanos (edited August 25, 2000).]

2. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

Would be nice to have the luxury of that much depth with the 4 and 5 but we must not get too greedy. The front office will do what's best in order not to put us in a money bind so that we will have the money to keep Shandon, and those that have shown there worth here in Houston. The re-signing of Cuttion and now with Mo signing is good enough for this off-season. I think the Lakers are going to be disrupted there with the signing of Rider for a 1 year deal. It's on foxsports.com under breaking news.

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

If you want to keep Mo after this season, you have to let the exception expire.

------------------
    "At least I screw sheeps..." - Corey Benjamin of the Clutch BBS.

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

houdmedman 25:

I fear for the health of our team.

Hakeem´s status is a big question mark, and with Cato being somewhat injury prone, who would be playing the 5?

Obviously it would only be intersting if we could sign any of those two guys without having to put Mo and Shandon´s jackpots in jeopardy. That could be accomplished through a sign and trade that would send any combination of KT, Drew and Los. Can it be pulled off? Hardly. I was just toying with the idea.

Otherwise, if it can´t be done, it can´t.

Rider on LA? Rice is about to walk out on his own, i guess, and Kobe is gonna play SF this season. Can Rider co-exist with Shaq and Kobe? Hell no. Jackson will regret this move. [​IMG]

------------------
    "The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It´s Heaven and Hell!"

5. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

That would be great, but like the Rolling Stones song goes " You can't always get what you want".

------------------

6. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

I am with you thanos. Here's to the disruption of The Lakers. Let's see if good ole Phil can keep JR in check.

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!