1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

we should pursue blake griffin in 2017 free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSquirm, Nov 10, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree. Hell, I think he'd even switch to the Lakers before leaving LA.

But, if he does come here, that would confirm the theory that MDA's offense and letting Harden develop as a PG will unlock Morey's Achievement for Attract Star Free Agent

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Les the GM got rid of all our cap flexibility

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Let's hope he doesn't get along with somebody sooner than later.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I can't see him leaving for Houston. I could see an outside chance of him wanting to come home and make some noise in OKC. I think likes being in LA though.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a better shot at Cousins, and that is basically no shot at all unless Harden does some hardcore recruiting.

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't see him as a good fit. I think finding a better 3 for this system would be the better move.

8. rockets13champs

I think we can legitimatley become a great free agent option. With the new cba Players can get much more money with their bird team, but I believe some franchises might want to give up and start over. Clippers and Hawks might be one of them. I can see Blake Griffin or Paul Milsap coming over here to Houston in the offseason as our next big move. Think of moving Ryan Anderson off our bench, we could make our own super team too you know?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Which NBA player actually made it in Hollywood?

ramotadab likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we dont need him, this roster is already full of future stars as it is

T for 3 likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think we should go after lebron james too...he would be an excellent mda forward.

12. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I don't think Blake would be a great fit. He lacks 3 point shooting which means he'd have to play the 5 for MDA, but he's also not a great shot blocker/rim protector which we need out of a 5.

He's obviously a phenomenal talent, but I think we should keep pursuing guys that are tailor-made for the Rockets' system. It's worked out pretty well so far.

D-rock likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

I don't think he fits... do not want.

14. Lightsnowaction

I would love to have Blake, but only if he is truly a superstar because his lack of a consistent 3 would hurt spacing at the 4 and not a great defender as a 5. But the rest of his game and the ability to dominate would always be welcomed, for me at least. Not stars, only superstars.

15. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Why acquire Blake now? DREAM BIGGER...AD will be wearing Rockets red fairly soon. Just wait. ;)

16. jerrios

jerrios Member

LOL at everyone that doesn't think Blake Griffin isn't a good fit. Does anyone remember Amare Stoudemire when he played for MDA? He didn't have a 3 point shot either, but basically the same game.

17. valorita

valorita Member

The best fit would be Deandre. Provides elite pick and roll, shot blocking, rebounding at the 5 spot and would make this offense truly unstoppable.

Justin Dela Torre likes this.
  18. Lightsnowaction

AD does not want to leave NOLA, especially the new HUGE extension he will be offered.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think Griffin will eventually develop a 3pt shot, and he is otherwise an unbelievable fit. I would certainly take him if we could.

The guy plays hard, he is used to playing with a PG who handles the ball a lot, and is an excellent scorer. Could see him exploding offensively on this team, 25+ ppg easy. With this pace he'll grab 10 rebounds too. You've never really heard of Griffin rocking the boat when they're winning, which is a positive sign. He's not a loser like Melo imo.

People also tend to sleep on the fact that he's an incredible passer for a PF. This is one practical way to get Harden some points off the ball as a secondary weapon - give it to Griffin in the high post and run some plays for Harden to score. Would be a nice way to catch the other team off guard once in a while. Could work beautifully. Number one weapon would be the Harden/Griffin pnr with shooters around them. Simple, predictable, unstoppable.

I am worried about his health, but willing to take the chance.

Vivi likes this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm pretty sure AD would leave NOLA if he could. He just signed his extension last year this is the first year of his 5 year deal he can't sign anything new for a while.

If there was a way he could be traded to houtson in sure he would agree to it every day all day.