1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should make a trade with the Clippers...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Feb 28, 2000.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

During the offseason, we should trade Walt Williams for Derek Anderson and Maurice Taylor, and then use our 4.5 million exception...Anderson and Taylor are earning far less than they should...I think each of them would help our team tremendously...what do you guys think?

2. wizard

wizard Member

um dont think the clippers will do the deal for even one of those guys much less both of them.

3. wizard

wizard Member

mo taylor is overrated defintely dosent deserve the maxium salary anyways. the guy has done nothing in this league to deserve it. Plays limited defense and a sorry rebounder..

4. SlamN

SlamN Member

Mo Taylor is a free agent after this season. He will not be resigning with LA. Why do the Rockets need Derek Anderson? He plays the 2 guard spot. We already have Drew, Francis, Anderson, and Mobley that can play that spot. I would try Olowakandi but I don't think they want any of the available Rockets.

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Good Lord, if that deal were possible, I PULL THE TRIGGER!

Mo and Derek for Walt....WOO HOO! Instant playoff contention! However, Mo ain't gonna be a Clip after the season, and frankly, LAC would never take JUST Walt for those two. We need to bark up other trees instead of LAC.

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Um neither of those guys are going to be under contract after this season.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Well, Scarface, in that case I bet the Clipper's would really be willing to trade them to us... [​IMG]

Man, imagine the anti-Rudy howls if we traded Walt for two players who we didn't have any right to. Yikes.

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

How about Wizard and Cuttino and a pick for later years to CLIPPERS for LAMAR ODOM.

I would love to get him here with francis. This is my wish team.

CATO
    MARTIN
    ODOM
    ANDERSON
    FRANCIS

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would not even give up Williams for Taylor and Anderson. Taylor is no better than good and his rebounding and defense are poor. He is worth nothing close to the maximum. Plus, his agent is Falk which is a fault in itself, and he has a real bad attitude to go along with Falk's attempted blackmail: refuses a trade or a sign-and-trade to be sure the LAC get nothing for him n return? I don't want someone like that on the Rockets.

As for Anderson, at least he's not the same sort of malcontent, but he plays a position that is already overstocked for the Rockets, plus he's fragile. He'd be Brent Price all over again.

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Actualy the super agent was yesterday, Falk no longer weilds the power he once had. I read somewhere that teams are calling his bluffs now and that he is settling for less and less.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

11. LHutz

LHutz Member

Oooh! Oooh! DUKE KNOWS! Trade Cutino Mobely to the Clippers, get Danny Manninngk!!!

DUKE LOVES YOU DANNY MANNINNG!!!!!