1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we need to play nick johnson more Friday against the spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Tony parker was just killing Terry and Pablo we need to give this kid a chance. He is pesty and his defense is pretty good. He can rebound pretty good for his size also. What do you guys think

1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think Clutchfans loves the end of bench guys who "aren't being given a fair shot." ;)

Terrence Williams rings a bell.
    Isaiah Canaan earlier this year.
    Nick Johnson now.

Help me out, name some others. Surely there are more.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Johnson is legit good, though. Athletic and attractive.

1 person likes this.
  4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I miss Bev.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly how i have felt for a very long time. If it weren't for Rudy giving Sam Cassell a chance there would not have been Clutchcity much less this website. We need to throw this kid out to the wolves. He has the legs and the only way he is going to get better is by playing. Let him play. We have nothing to lose at this point.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really like Terry coming off the bench. It's a little easier to hide his defense there, and the 3 point shooting is valuable playing next to Brewer and Smith.

It makes things a little tougher on Harden if we play Johnson, but we can't keep getting burned by starting PGs. Parker was getting penetration, and it completely undermined our defense.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Ur forgetting a guy who's still on the team in capela

8. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I typically agree but I really think its worth giving it a shot with Johnson. Throw him out there for a few minutes, if it isn't working pull him out quickly.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But not Chandler attractive.

He was just.....beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

At this point we don't have much to lose now that bev is out. This could turn out good like what Troy Daniels did for us in the Portland series

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

My favorite moment from last season. That shot was magical.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Even with all our injuries, I'm pretty confident this game showed us Spurs gave us their best punch, and they won at home. But can they win with a 35 minute Howard vs a 22 min Howard who got 16 pts and 11 rebounds.

Parker didn't kill us per se. That's just what he does. He's that good. Freaking Aron Baynes killed us on the boards, as well as Diaw. That can be fixed with a 35 min Howard.

But we have to win the next game at home,,,with or without a 35min Howard and no DMo.

This sux, if we lose the 2nd seed from all these injuries

Good thing is we still have a +2 RW v HL record on both MEM and SAS. That's still big. Basically the Spurs must beat us Friday in Houston, if they have any hope of catching us. And MEM has three away games left.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This was Parker's highest scoring game since March 12 -- held to single digits in the preceding 4, though there's the OKC game where he left after Q1 as an outlier in there. Jet on Tony will not work. Try Nick. Try Corey. Try SOMETHING. This is where I think the "Bev's injury is great for this team!" crowd is ridiculous.

14. heypartner

Corey was on Parker several times. McHale is on that. Just can't really do it all game.

You beat Parker with Team Defense. Trap him,,,force it out of his hands, make Duncan beat you, with Howard in the middle. Howard doesn't guard Duncan, since he's a PF. They won't run a Baynes/Parker PnR.

We need Howard in the middle to make any of this work, though.

#14 heypartner, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If we are ever going to get HCA, we need to win on Fri.

I say play Howard with no minutes restrictions, except when he's visibly tired. Losing the HCA will be a big deal to this team.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, it's because the rotation guys looked so hopeless out there.

17. heypartner

If we want 2nd seed, you mean. To lose HCA, we have to fall all the way to 6th seed,,,LAC, SAS and MEM must pass us. I don't see MEM staying ahead of us with their 3 road games still left. At 5th seed, we have HCA over Portland.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Capela in da haus! :grin:

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Agreed. Already a thread on this dynamic... http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=263818

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Nick needs some time vs Parker. A no brainer.