1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to figure this out.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Apr 27, 2019.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

If we want to get past the warriors, we have to improve our offensive performance to a higher level.

How to Defend Durant?
    Didn't you realize that? This is clearly an unanswered answer. Freeze the playoff-level -KD?:eek: Come on, man!I don't think anybody on the planet can do that now.Even though PJ and EG are very tough defensive players, KD still can't be stopped.

Rather than rack your brains for this problem.
    I think we should devote more energy to how to be ourselves on the offensive side and let all the players get involved and have fun.I've always believed that when all our players get involved, have fun, have confidence and shoot, our offense level will be better than the Warriors. We have the ability to do that because we've been doing it all season, and our offense has always been comparable to that of the Warriors.

As I said before, in order to win this team in a series, which may be the best team in the world, we just need to do what we should do on the defensive side, tough attitudeno、t lazy and not depressed, they have KD, SC, KT, they will shoot a lot of crazy shots.We have to accept these and bear them. And to fight back at the same level of attack.

To defeat the Warriors, excellent defense can only do 50% of the work, the remaining 50% of the work depends on the high level of our players in the offensive side to match the warriors'offensive firepower. Warriors can throw all kinds of fantastic balls. If we want to win the Warriors, we must do the same. Only in this way can we respond and have a chance to win.

2. riko

riko Member

Curry is a notorious playoff choker. Need to concentrate on KD ad not let Klay to get hot. All you need to do is get physical o curry ad he shrinks. Not worried about him over a 7 game series.

Tucker needs to play the best defense he has ever played in his career on KD who is just fire.Gordoneeds to be in Klays grill nonstop

3. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

This is where I believe you play shumpert....

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

First, we cannot over react if KD gets it going. Just make it more difficult for him, that’s all we should hope for. There are more people on that team that can hurt us. We can’t be on the same stupidity level as Utah to devise a scheme solely focusing on one player.

That said, one poster in another thread pointed out a sound strategy. That is bait him to post up or let him catch 30 feet away from the basket. His strength is his jump shooting ability over anybody with his length, but if there is a body on him, it will be more difficult. We saw how Bev bothered him in their last series at times.

He is just one of the problems we will face. The Warriors are tough to beat. Discipline!

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

We need Beverly to be our defensive coordinator and teach harden how to guard KD

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

C'mon man the Worriers need to figure the Rockets out. Lose the season series by 3-1 and that was with Cousins, now they enter the 2nd round with 2 days of rest and having to travel from LA to Golden State while Rox had 4 days to get ready and some time to get acclimated to GS timezone. Capela and Faried would be a disgrace if they let Donkey who is like a foot shorter than them and old man Bogut push them around, I expect them to dominate inside and on the rebs.

KD was guarded well enough by Bev, pretty sure Tucker will do more than a good job. Klay can guard Harden but who will guard CP3? Steph Curry? Lol! Cp3 already figured out Joe Ingles trying to guard him an exhausted KD won't do a better job.

Barrin any health issues Rox will beat GSW this year. Just believe and have confidence in the team that already beat GSW during the season with an incomplete cast.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

just like how he taught jae chowder how to embarrass himself guarding harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's the key with Durant. Just stay close enough to make him work hard for anything he gets. Keep him and Steph under 30 by sticking to them like glue, and don't let Klay get on a roll. Whatever points you give up to Donkey, Iggy, etc. you can live with.

RocketTheory likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont mind KD getting his, Curry and Klay must be contained somewhat. Durant can get 50 and I still believe we can win.

RocketTheory and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

My conclusion is.. Harden Has to score, and has to get his teammates open shots. Paul has to facilate the ball, getting open shots when harden is on the bench. Capela has to be defensive center he can be, and do the things, Faried as well. Everyone has to come up big in these games, if they really really want that Trophy.

It is possible, plus they need to get in(Warriors) heads, make them feel weak and sorry lol. I seen tucker mess people game up. Wish we had beverly on this squad just to get over the hump..

疯狂伊文戴德蒙 likes this.
  11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

You stop Klay... you win the series.

Little Bit likes this.
  12. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I agree with you, bro.
    In addition, I think another difficulty for the Warriors in the playoffs is that our fault tolerance rate will be very low.

Let's make an analogy.

Against other playoff teams, even if we lose five out of ten chances, we can still rely on timely adjustments to reverse or maintain a healthy game situation.

When we play against the Warriors, if we miss only two out of ten chances, they'll kick us a-s-s, we'll be punished and we'll lose the game.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If Harden is the Harden from the regular season no one can stop us. But will he be that same guy in the playoffs? He's gonna be under so much pressure. this is our biggest issue. can Harden say **** you to the pressure and just be himself.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member