1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Need Faried!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 14, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think tucker has injury, he gives no contribution for any points. Those opponents can double team harden and westbrooks to make their shooting low accuracy. I think we should sign him again. Suppose the power forward position starter should able to get 10 points at least to get a pass.

2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

sign him again

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No, Tucker just sucks offensively, while being a very good defender. On the current roster, no matter what the false narrative on this board states, Faried would be the third best defensive player on the roster only behind Capella and Tucker. He just wants a much deserved apology and will come back. I think firing MDA would be just the apology he requires.

4. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

we need to trade for the big Kat

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If only Dantoni hadn't burned bridges with Faried, he might be playing for a vet min with us.

Now Dantoni is burning bridges with Hartenstein, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want back after his contract ends.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Faried's energy would be nice right now.

Especially with Capela and Tyson so useless in 2nd half of last few games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

he can help harden during double team and able to get 20pts plus 10 plus rebounds. I really dont know why MDA doesn't use him in playoffs ?

BigShasta likes this.
  8. realonemo

realonemo Member

Also he can't be much worse than House on defense

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would be much better on offense/boards for sure.

One thing Faried does not lack, confidence.

Mazulis and BigShasta like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

House used to be decent on defense.....he totally has lost the ability (or desire) to stick with his man. He has regressed to the point of demotion back to the minors (at a minimum). Hard to watch him brick time and again wiiiidddee open 3’s. I could handle watching this team lose with the energy and flair that the Manimal brought. Just happy that the Lakers chose Javale over him or it would have been another reunion gone south event the other night. Both him and Rivers brought credibility and wins to our team last year.

Bo6 likes this.
  11. SemisolidSnake

Faried's defense wasn't great, and you can't expect a coaching staff to, like, try to improve its players deficiencies or anything, right? When you buy a car and something doesn't work quite right, you throw it out and wait to buy another one. And you borrow everyone else's car in the meantime.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I doubt Faried will want to come back to this team, on a vet min salary, after how MDA treated him last season.

rocketchamp likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea Faried saved our season last year & was never a complete liability on defense. Those calling his defense horrible are either trolling or relying on his play on teams years before Houston. He played fantastic here & should've been resigned. The organization dropped the ball (again) and that sums it up

Faried> Chandler, Hartenstein

dfbreyes and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the irony is Faried did hit the 3 at over 33% last year here

Tfor3, Mazulis and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Either that or stay in China. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Both sides need to swallow pride, need each other.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I know defensively Faried is a liability but help me understand why he couldn't come off the bench here and there (on a cheap contract) and help us score some points on our small ball team now. Is there not a lineup that could hide his defense and maximize his energy/scoring??

Curious

18. Fishman5222

Fishman5222 Member

So you want to hide a minimum player on defense? Why? How about get someone who can guard that can help hide other players? Is Faried married to your sister? Did he do you a favor once, so you owe him? He became unplayable last year because he could not play within the scheme, He blocks the lane for Westbrook and Harden. Why would you want to mess up the things your superstars can do best in order to accommodate Faried? Do you see Pat Riley and Kerr and Popovitch accommodating players like Faried at the expense of their good players?

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I bet you’re fun at parties. I’m just looking for some cheap help off the bench with energy/scoring/rebounding/3pt shooting.

20. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

What is wrong with you? The man just merely gave his opinion and you had to be an ******* about it.