1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We left Mo alone!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaryleWard, Jan 2, 2001.

1. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

Yes I know we won the game and Carlos Rogers had a great game but what the HELL happened to Maurice Taylor. After lighting it up early scoring a quick 10 points and not missing a shot the Rocket guards took over and Mo didn't score again the rest of the game. I know he kind of hyper extended his knee but he was still able to run the floor and jump. This teams decision making always seems to dumbfound me. Well, we still won and I'm glad but to go anywhere we have to get our Frountcourt more involved. Even though Los was awesome tonight it was not because they planned it. It was because he was able to get to the boards and be active.

Oh well.

------------------
    DAMN LANKY is the best player to ever play the game. -Michael Jordan

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Have to admit -- that's funny. [​IMG]

Mo made his first 5 shots but missed his last 5 .... I'm sure the knee was bothering him.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I heard that the Rockets decided to hold him out - he basically bent his knee the wrong direction. Ouch!

He should be fine for Thursday.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

4. alaskansnowman

The knee WAS bothering Mo because Keith Jones said MO would not play the rest of the game. It's not like he was available, but we didnt put him in. He was injured, and they didnt wanna damage it further.

------------------
    da ability to focus attention on important things is a defining characteristic of intelligence - alaskanSnowman

5. djones

djones Member

I really believe that some people just love to complain about something!
    Some are just never satisfied!
    ...lights out...

------------------

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Rodman and several others made a nice living by hustling and being active on the boards. Didn't Detroit and the Bulls plan for Rodman to do the energy thing when they won championships?

Mango

------------------
    Lets get the Mo Go working!
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He is right though. He was on fire in the beginning and the guards simply stopped giving him the ball and making just generally lousy decisions. He got hurt after they stopped going to him.

Am I the only one sickened by our offense? It's getting to the point where I can't watch. We aren't going anywhere with the three pointer being our weapon of choice.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

The first half of the Twolves game, we moved the ball really, really well. We played well and we shot well at first, then the shots just wouldn't fall. In this game, the Rockets had a number of layups that were just missed (Steve missed a few dunks) and a bunch of shots that just wouldn't fall despite having good looks.

It seems to me that the Rockets just aren't shooting so hot. They did a good job setting up open shots, but just couldn't hit any of them.

------------------
    "Any answer that can't be questioned is no answer at all. It's gibberish. It's the jabbering of startled monkeys flinging dung at the moon" -- Scott Christensen -- www.ewav.com

9. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Rocketman, actually our guards did keep going to him. If you watched the game on TV you would have heard Calvin and Bill praising Mo's teammates for seeing he was hot and continuing to get him the ball. 10 shots in 18 minutes is alot and you have to realize Mo cooled off and wasnt hittin after his fast start. Also the reason we took alot of 3's is because that is what the defense gave us.

------------------

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is easy to trust your teamates at the beginning of a game, it is at the end that it becomes harder.

MJ, Hakeem, etc...took years to learn it, once they started passing the ball at the END of the game, their teams started winning.

Defense and trusting your teamates are the last 2 things this team needs to learn to win.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Didn't Mo get hurt with the score at 16-14? He definitely got hurt in the first quarter, I remember that, and it was fairly early. He got 5 shots off so if the Rockets stopped going to him it was only for a few possessions.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If I recall correctly, they stopped going to Mo, we stopped scoring, the Cavs made their run, then Taylor got hurt. There's no reason to stop going to a guy who was as hot as Mo was in the first few minutes. Milk it til it's dry.

------------------

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

13. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

Thanks Rocketman95,

At least you understand what I am talking about. When I made this post I was exclaiming about not just this game but a lot of others. It always seems that when Taylor gets going they just quit going to him and then when they do pass it to him later and he misses they wonder why. I heard Calvin make a reference to it during the game that once you quit going to the hot man and later you go back he has to start all over again.

In another point,
    During the beginning of the game Calvin heard Keith Jones say don't shoot that shot from thereto Maurice, and Calvin said back to him let him or something or other basically backing Mo.

This suprised me about it. Now here is a rhetorical question. Is a TRAINER supposed to be telling a player how to play the game? No, his job is to help with the health of the players; which that hasn't helped lately.

Sorry just venting pent up angster.

------------------
    DAMN LANKY is the best player to ever play the game. -Michael Jordan

[This message has been edited by DaryleWard (edited January 03, 2001).]

14. OT

OT Member

MO hurt his knee after he made his first 5 shots. They went to him 5 more times after he hurt his knee and he missed all of them. Obviously, his knee was bothering him and was effecting his shot. The coaches set him down because of his knee. His teammates went to him as many times after hurting his knee as they did prior to the injury. Carlos filled the scoring void nicely.

------------------

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My point is that they didn't go to him enough before he hurt his knee. We were up 12-4, I believe, with Mo scoring 10 points. He got hurt at 16-14, without touching the ball until after that. Big mistake on the guards' parts.

------------------