1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We had Livingston but cut him for scrubs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballclub, May 20, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maurley and Milk Hair have been excessively fired over the course of several years.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is soo dumb. Did he even play that well? he got bailed out by the officials at least 3 times when he just lost the ball.

How does Shaun livingston play 20 minutes and shoot just as many free throws as James Harden............ Rockets have to win this series 8 on 5.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This was one of those cases where Le$ Alexander as your owner sucks.

DD

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This was beacuase Livingston cannot shoot the 3 ball which is the main component of Moreyball.

Dude has played like 541 games and taken about 51 3 pointers at 20% or so

Awful numbers but I'd still have kept him for his size and other strengths

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm glad we cut him, we likely wouldn't have Dwight or Brewer or any of the guys that got us here.

6. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, i think so, too.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Livingston was coming back from major injury and has been pretty anonymous since that day several years ago until the game yesterday. Forget Machado and whomever. How long is it wise to wait around for a player to be productive? You really think we should have let him fill a slot on the roster and take up a couple million of the salary cap for 3 years so that we'd have him yesterday instead of the Warriors? That's ridiculous. No regrets at all about cutting Livingston.

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

It's a little late to be upset that Livingston was cut in preseason a couple of years ago, but I think its fair to question why the Rockets didn't make a run at him this offseason when he was a free agent and the Rockets had a hole at the PG position.

I can only assume that there were cap issues that would have made it very difficult to do.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I wonder how well a guy who has made 10 three pointers in 10 seasons would have actually fit in with the Rockets.

The idea that the Rockets would cut a player just to save 2.5 million dollars flies in the face of the facts. That was the same summer the Rockets paid Scola 21 million to not play for them.

#29 WinkFan, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  10. rocketsmetalspd

Saw him down here in RGV during pre season camp. I recall that he had ankle injury that kept him from practicing and eventually being cut. He seem like he did not want to be on team.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Glad Livingston had his 15 minutes, really wanted to keep him too but our bench is not only more talented but a better fit. Second unit just had a atypically off game. But I still put my money on Brewer, Jet, Prigs, etc. over Livingston. Rockets just need to take Livingston seriously and shut him down next game.

If Livingston is going play heavy minutes, Rockets need a bulldog defender on him to get ball out of hands earlier, threat neutralized because Livingston has no range. Maybe Capela or Paps get that assignment, especially when Warriors stick with small ball.

1 person likes this.
  12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Remember, Austin Rivers when off for 25.

13. ballclub

ballclub Member

If this thread is so dumb, why are so many people chiming in about it? It definitely resonates among sophisticated Rocket fans for letting a guy like Livingston go for chump change.

Did you watch the game last night and see the 18 points he scored in the first half? Did you watch the Memphis series and see how Steve Kerr told Livingston, "You were the difference in this series."

Definitely agree with you about the refs, though.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

refs calling three straight fouls against us every time we touched him had something to do with that.

15. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I was mystified we didn't sign him. He played well in preseason. I was excited and hopeful to have a pg over 6 ft tall. Oh well.

1 person likes this.
  16. ballclub

ballclub Member

Again, McHale said he wanted to keep Livingston, so he wasn't "anonymous" except maybe to you.

He would have been productive right away if McHale wanted to keep him. He played well that preseason. It wouldn't have taken "3 years" (did you watch him play at all in Brooklyn?). It all came down to a decision to save some money. Big mistake, although I'll give them credit for bringing him into camp.

The Rockets' problem before this season was that they brought in tons of players at such a high rate, it left them susceptible for good players who were under their nose to get away. For example, they regretted cutting Lin when he was in camp, and admitted they made a mistake and went out and signed him when he was a free agent. Bringing in Harden afterwards made Lin less of a fit (since he needed the ball in his hands more), but at least they admitted they shouldn't have cut him the first time -- he ended up being a serviceable backup and McHale was bummed they had to trade him to LA.

They did okay with Beverley, but we're still at the point where we're looking for someone to take over that starting PG job.

17. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

6'7 point guard shaun Livingston scores 18 points against 37 and 38 year old point guard Terry and prigs. Terry and Prigs have lead the way for us in the PG position, almost if not better than what Beverley could have done. We are in the Western Conference finals in the toughest seeding's in a very long time. We made a mistake not keeping this guy? Think a little bit before posting. Reminds me of all the people saying how Austin Rivers was going to be the reason why we would lose last series give me a F****** break.

1 person likes this.
  18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

**** him, I hope he breaks another leg

19. ballclub

ballclub Member

Ask any NBA analyst and they will tell you the value Livingston brings over Terry and Prigs. Jeez. It's not like this guy is showing up for his 15 minutes like Austin Rivers. He was solid pre-injury, and came back and played very well in Brooklyn once he finally got some minutes. GSW was smart to see that and went after him. Again, if he was a scrub, then why did Steve Kerr say to him after they beat the Grizzlies, "You were the difference in this series." Think a little before posting.

20. malakas

malakas Member

and I hope your pc blows up and you lose your password and never post here again. What an IDIOT !!

What Lvingston has done coming back from an injury that got his leg almost amputated is a miracle! and there are assholes like this guy wishing he gets injured again!