1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are winning this series on Monday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harrisment, May 26, 2018.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Game is a home game right? Well damn it I like the odds already! H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!

2. Aware

Aware Member

No doubt.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I don't expect a win. But it is still good season no matter what. I wish Cleveland lose tomorrow so we have chance to get Lebron next season.

Hakeemtheking and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not if Adam Silver has anything to say about it. AGAIN.

[​IMG]

juanm34 and Exiled like this.
  5. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

It is no surprised to me that we lost this game, but it wasn't because of CP3. I fully believe that we can beat them with or without CP3. Guys, how we lost game 1? CP3 was playing and we still lost. How about in the games that we did win? What did we do right in our wins? It was the defense intensity, lower TOs rate and making key shots! How can we accomplish them in game 7 without CP3 you might ask? Well It is obviously easier said than done, but it is totally possible. If I am the coach, I would probably tweak a few things for the next game.

1.) 4 man front line rotation with Capela/PJ/Ryno/Black. Mainly the first 3 and Black is for flattening whoever dares to come for an easy scoop. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rockets! but sometime I just wish we have some dirty players as well. How many times have we seen that stupid Curry do that stupid scoop and walk away smiling? For god sake, Jharden Dunked on Donkey and he immediately trying to push him down from the air with the forearm follow through. Don't yall remember that dirty shove where Harden didn't even do anything? Moving screen, Jersey pulling, KD pushed Ariza to his own teammate to get a foul? COmmon Rockets!!!! If they do your teammate dirty, I fully believe that you can do the same! Let them know that we are not here to get punk by your bs. I have yet seen a play where I can truly say, "OH ROCKETS! THAT'S TOTALLY UNNECESSARY!" NONE! They are playing too clean! Sometime you have to play fire with fire! If you worry about the refs is on their side? Guess what? A no foul is a foul, a regular foul is a foul, these refs have been swallowing against them anyway. We might just as well give them a few HARD AXX FOULS since they are going to call regardless!. Let Black get a few mins and you know. Just to do the dirty work that Green has been doing. Just one or two hard fouls would be enough because I don't want to see us get into penalty early neither. I would pay just to see Curry laying on the ground with his vertebrae shimmying. Then Black goes up to him and say "You should tell Draymond what he did to yoU! punk axx"

2.) Defense intensity! We won our 3 games with DEFENSE. All three times we won including the blow out was won by defense. Don't look for our offense to click because it won't! Especially without CP3. If Coach is not changing the game plan on Monday and stick with his 6 man rotation, we are going to look just as tired and our chance of winning would be lower as well. Expand your rotation to at least 7 or 8. Jharden/EGO/THICC/Cap/Threeza/G/Prince/Ryno/Black/Nene would be my selection. Start the game with what we did today but give rest accordingly by expanding the rotation. At this point I would rather have EGO does most of the ISO and have James facilitate the offense. When they have the Hampton 5, we can play our small line up to counter. Once we sub Ego/PJ/Threeza out for rest, we should try to do some Nene pick'n'roll or post up play with Ryno stretch the floor. Again, Nene might not be able to hold our defense down but he is more than capable on the offensive option. I know there is a risk and we might not be able to have stellar D but at least we won't run our starter down to the point where they can't even finish the game.

3.) Copy some plays from other team that can get us some easy mid range 2's. We need to stop being so predictable on the offense. You can always just pick and pop once in awhile to keep their defense off balance. It almost feels like once our guard get the first step, we are 100% going to the rim or kick out. Warriors are getting accustom to it and we need to throw them off by mixing it up.

4.) James harden needs to lower his TOs and get his act together. I am seriously tired of Harden being frustrated after no call. How many times have we seen him crying to the refs after no calls DURING LIVE PLAY! Stop it James! He acts like they are going to start blowing the whistle just because he complains a few times. You know how many points we gave up because of that leading to 4 v 5 on D? Instead if he hustles back and d up his man, do you know how many points we would've prevented? Morey probably knows it. He should just tells James straight up. Just STOP! It would help tremendously if he just get up and get back on defense IN A HURRY instead of complaining to the refs. I know that you have improved on the defensive end quite a bit but these bad habits are costing the team quite a bit.

5.) Crash the board. If we win the rebound battle, we will win. Book it!

That's about what I can thin of for now. What about you guys? what do yall think we should change or improve on if CP3 can't play on Monday that could potentially increase our chance of winning?

hakeem94, D-rock and sammy like this.
  6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Win, or not watching basketball until the next season, I'm serious. I'm going to happy either way, more Rockets basketball, or more time to enjoy life.

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

"Oddly confident" is a good way to put it.

We'll see which Rockets show up.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Didn't read it all but loved the effort and overall message.

Rockets need to make GSW feel them much much more. Play with force in all facets of game.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree. The overwhelming defeatist mentality permeating the forum sickens me right now.

The Rockets have game 7 in their house and a raucous home crowd will make a world of difference. Getting to the finals was never going to be a cakewalk, especially against a team like the Warriors.

The Rockets have it right there for the taking. Counting them out before the game is played is foolish.

joshuaao, Plowman, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

looks like we are going to have to run 8/9 man rotation to put these lil *****es away!

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

I feel good if CP3 goes... I feel much worse if he doesn't.... its too tough with one ball handler (Harden)... we've seen the Harden trying to do it himself vs the Warriors script too many times before.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

In game 6, I know why we need leborn. Those are the people who can beat warriors. I think leborn is same level as cp3

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We have lost out best player so far this series. He has also been our most clutch player. And not to mention he is the leader of this team. The warriors are now red hot and uber confident. Itll take a miracle just to lose my single digits Monday. It's being realistic that's all.

Nelly likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to say - I would say the Warriors are the favorite especially since CP3 will not play (if he does it will not turn out well).

As much heart as the Rockets have shown us - they are outmatched by the Warriors fire power

Nelly likes this.
  15. RyanB

RyanB Member

#i_believe

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

i AM WITH YOU I THINK THE WARRIORS KNOW IT TO. They were dead until we started playing iso hero ball

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I will be at the game and it wasn’t cheap. Please win

18. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Game will go down to the wire, but the Rockets will win.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Being a fan isn’t about being realistic. It’s about believing no matter the situation. I guess Mike D’Antoni should tell his players nice season and don’t bother to show up Monday night. Sorry, but I think the Rockets have enough talent and heart to win a game 7 in their own gym, even against the Warriors. Sure, it’ll be a stiff test, but I genuinely think they can do it.

Also, the Warriors win one game and they are red hot now? Give me a flipping break. It took some help from the refs for them to win tonight.

I could easily be wrong, but I’d rather go down with an optimistic attitude than a debbie downer one.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

We are not scared going into the forest Dmo ;)

Hakeemtheking and Os Trigonum like this.