1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Are One Commercial

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Apr 30, 2014.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so the NBA aired a new commercial last night following the We Are One campaign.

I found it odd that it had pretty much every playoff team in the commercial except the Rockets, Hawks, Pacers, Bobcats and Bulls. -- The last two teams being eliminated from the Playoffs already.

Given that this was a league commercial to have all other 7 western conference teams and exclude the Rockets seems really odd and conspicuous. Almost like - no need to have the Rockets in there we need a commercial we can keep playing for the next few weeks and be relevant.

Maybe I am seeing something that isnt there - but considering how things have gone in this series and all I cant just help but feel that for whatever reason the league feels that having the Blazers advance is a good thing. (maybe they assumed the spurs would advance and then the Blazers would be an easier matchup? I am sure the league would love another Spurs/Heat matchup)

1 person likes this.
  2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Here is a little more fuel to put on the fire. I posted this earlier this week. It was from NBA.com and shows they are already talking about who Portland is going to face.

[​IMG]

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When I started seeing that Lillard footlocker commercial and no Harden one I knew rockets were in trouble.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was't when they went 0-2 on their homecourt?

5. SK34

SK34 Member

#6 seed. 0-2 then 1-3. Wins championship.

Rockets will win.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The footlocker commercial started running just before game 1.

7. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

The_Yoyo, I noticed that the Rockets weren't included in the commercial as well last night...instead of a conspiracy theory, my initial thought was:

"Wow, the rest of these teams really DO act like teams - fighting for each other, helping each other up, acting as a single unit. The Rockets on the other hand have been bickering at one another, giving each other passive aggressive looks, getting into it with the opposing teams' fans and not running to help each other up when one of them gets knocked to the floor.

We're not playing as "one" - makes sense they didn't show any footage of us..."

That being said, I still think we're the more talented team - we just need to get our acts together tonight and really fight for each other and just win. I still believe.

8. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Love to have faith but how can we expect the same result without having Dream?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe because we have the best looking white guy on the team.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The implication here is that the NBA and by its extension, the officials, do not want the Rockets to succeed. If it smells like a pig, it must be a pig because this series has been badly officiated against us from the very first game. It must be the Howard effect in that the powers that be are still pissed that Howard walked off from the Lakers. The Lakers. How dare him. :rolleyes:

The only way to overcome biased officiating is to play out of your minds. As we have to do that three consecutive games, I just do not see it. We are cooked.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i thought the opposite these guys have been there for one another and if anything have some of the more comical pre-game huddles I have seen. There have been plenty of moments that they could have shown. I mean hugging Troy Daniels at the end of game 3, the numerous pre-game huddle shots (which was the majority of the shots) or even just a simple high five after a big play or FT.

Not saying its a "conspiracy" but its pretty damning when your team gets left out of a pretty major league commercial like that and conspicuous too.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Yes, it does not look good. Even IF the Rockets play out of their minds the refs as we have seen thus fan can have an impact on the game. Howard can be easily put into foul trouble by bogus calls tonight or Harden. I just wish that for tonight, McHale will play more than just 8 players that he has been playing. Go Rockets!!

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Video editors, headline writers, copy editors, marketers, web content managers... they're not in on any secret conspiracies.

14. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

this guy...
    how do you sleep at night with all your paranoia

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Why were we not "broadcasted"? ARE THEY DISCRIMINATING AGAINST US??

16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Exactly the kind of mojo we need

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

They are gonna have to make it up with a " Where down 1-3 and still winning the series happens" all while showing Daniels shooting a three on Mo Williams face in slow motion....

1 person likes this.