1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are not going to make excuses for the Golden State Warriors!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coyotetex, May 24, 2018.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Okay - do yourself a favor and listen to the first 25 minutes of the Get Up! podcast from yesterday:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=23581340

Jalen Rose saying repeatedly - "We are not going to make excuses for the Golden State Warriors"

Rose: "James Harden was terrific on defense"

Greenie: "I don't want to hear about Andre Iguodala and I don't want to hear the Warriors were tired"

Rose: "The Rockets toughness won this game"

Greenie "I don't want to hear about how the Warriors are fatigued, the Rockets played 6 guys!"

Greenie: "I don't care what your bench looks like, you're supposed to win that game"

Greenie: (about Harden and Paul) "Miraculous that they weren't exhausted from all of that effort, because it seems to me its too much to ask of people in the NBA all of a sudden (referring to Steve Kerr's post game interview about the Warriors being fatigued)

Good for the soul...

Houstunna, hakeem94, s3ts and 3 others like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think hey Kerr was making an excuse but rather a facial observation.

Didn't take anything away from the Rockets

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW are a sorry excuse this season.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I rarely watch Around the Horn or PTI but I caught the HST/GSW takes and both shows praised our hustle, defense and mental toughness and wouldn't make excuses for GS....refreshing and true.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

The whole media is making excuses lol. If you listen to 2 every show, it's someone on there saying how hobbled & fatigued the Warriors are. GTFOH. The same media who labeled CP3 a choker for not getting to a conference finals, knowing he was NEVER 100%. NOW you wanna throw out narratives about GS not being healthy? Man please. This is why I say ESPN is getting paid to push narratives about Lebron & Warriors. None of them gave us any slack when they beat us by 40 smh

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I think you meant factual observation.

Draymond was the one observing facials.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

We don't get excuses and neither should the Warriors.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Didn't Mike Greenberg say the Warriors will sweep us pretty profoundly?
    Why do yall still care for what anything these idiots say.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

Excuses, Dubs would only have 1 title if not for injuries. They beat the Cavs minus Kyrie and Love for their first title. They would probably only have one Title with the help of KD if not for injuries. Therefore I don't give a rats a$$ about any excuses. Lace 'em up and lets do this.

Harden makes no excuses, Game 4 post game interview Paul answering questions about his injured foot; Harden taps him and stays he's fine. Excuses are for us fans, players lace 'em up and battle with what you have.

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

The first championship Warriors had, not only Cavs had major injury problems, all the opponents GSW faced in the playoffs did.

1st round, Jrue Holiday was injured; 2nd round, Mike Conley and Tony Allen; 3rd round, DMO and Pat, ; Final, Kyrie and Love.

Basically all the starting point guards GSW faced were injured. Without KD, I don't think they're capable of enduring the physicality in the playoffs and winning titles.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Nobody cared when GSW was beating down Jason Terry and Pablo in the WCF in 2015 due to Beverley getting hurt. Why care now?

Milby Buff likes this.