1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are gonna REGRET this whole thing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Jul 17, 2012.

1. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Okay hey whats up guys. Before you :rolleyes: at another one of these threads, i just want to share my(and many of the posters here based on the posts) and other forum members opinion.

We drafted 3 GREAT rookies. and we have 2 SOLID 2011 draftees in Parsons and D-Mo.

We are going to HAVE TO include AT LEAST 3 OUT OF THE FOLLOWING 5 in any orlando trade.

1.Lamb(book it, he will be in the package guaranteed)
    2.Parsons
    3.D-Mo
    4.Royce White
    5.Terrence Jones.

Dwight does NOT want to be here, he has made that very clear. So isn't terrible to be offering our FUTURE draft picks(in case howard does leave, we'd be screwed by trading away our future picks) and our youngsters who all have a ton of potential?

Our 4 new comers
    DMo and this years 3 rookies have all been GREAT in summer league. I just think its a shame how dwight will screw us by the end of the season.

I KNOW dwight is a superstar, however i dont think even Hakeem Olajuwon is enough to get him to stay. I also know that we NEED a superstar on our team, i just don't think dwight is the answer because of the HUGE risk we are taking by offering our future hope, just to have dwight walk out on us.

Do you agree with me guys? if not, why? i'd love to hear your thoughts.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

why did you leave out Patterson ?

...and this has been debated to death .

3. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

yes im sorry, i know this has been debated to death.

and i left out PPatt because he is replaceable, we have DMo now, who plays the same position as Patterson, so i'd be fine without him.

I would only want to give away Martin, Morris, Patterson, and future picks, but i doubt we'd get away with that deal :eek:

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Although i feel the same, IBTL.

5. Hui

Hui Member

I totally agree with your opinion! We need loyal players on this team. Having new people to table will develop a new and exciting core for years to come. Having D-Howard here whos only concern is about $ isnt going to be positive. This could be a 1 year rental could be bad from PR perspective.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dwight freaking Howard. I think we have a very good shot at retaining him. Take whatever you want Orlando. Morey can whip up a great cast around Dwight in no time.

7. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

thanks for sharing your opinion. i mean, really. if we get howard, and he decides to leave, who would we be stuck with? we'd have no future draft picks, parsons, and probably 2 of our new rookies would be gone, then what? we'd be stuck with turkoglu and Jrich's terrible contracts. -__-

8. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

believe me man, i know what you mean, Howard is a monster. If he decided to resign, then great, its worth all our rookies. However, Its just highly unlikely in my opinion that he would even resign. I say we go after another superstar.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

well, i know DMO is a 2011 draftee, but he IS a rookie.
    And another thing, rookies are all about potential, and when you can get the best player of the weakest posistion in the league. You do that every single time. We cannot forsee the future, but we can see how good are they now. And even if Rox traded all 5 or 6 or 7of them for Howard, I still say yes.

10. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

your making sense, however what makes you(us) think he would actually resign here after saying over and over again that he wouldn't. whats the best lineup morey could possibly pair up to make howard happy? parsons and lamb would probably be gone in the trade, so start it from this:

Lin
    ?
    ?
    DMo
    Howard

and even then, that would be a 5th seed in the west at best, which is where a healthy orlando would be seeded in the eastern conference with a healthy dwight.

11. prs325

prs325 Member

DMo cant be traded... just yet. He recently signed his contract

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

All we need to offer is future picks / kevin Martin and take Richardson/turk/duhon

best offer orlando will get

13. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

yes he can, i thought he can in 30 days? but im sure this whole Dwightmare drama will be over before then......i hope.

I just want to keep Lamb and DMo, i don't care who else goes, but i want to keep those 2, but i just know orlando will ask for Lamb.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's amazing how many people would give up the entire team plus Toyota Center and Clutch the Bear for Dwight Howard (for possibly one year)

Luckily Morey is not going to do that. Orlando will be lucky to get one of D-Mo/Lamb/Parsons

Cap relief and the first round picks plus Jones/White, Martin, Patterson should be enough.

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I know in my head that we give pretty much whatever Orlando wants for Howard, that's the right thing to do.
    But I would like to see us get Asik and just run with the rookies also.

16. woodtee

woodtee Member

I liked your post btw. I don't fully agree, but I appreciate your openness to other opinions. Here's mine:

I think it's a no-brainer that we have to trade for Dwight. Here is why:

1) mega-super stars are almost impossible to acquire (our assets, though I like them a lot too, are easy to acquire... Especially for Morie)

2) the "rental" situation won't be as bad as everyone thinks -- honestly, does anyone think that even if he doesn't re-sign, that Murri will do nothing will all that extra money? Of course he will work his butt off to get Bynum or another star

3) also, we will not have to get rid of all our young guys, some will stay -- I know we all have our favorites, but there will be some great talent staying with Dwight and hopefully Lin. I fear Lamb will be gone & that will hurt, but you gotta give up something significant for greatness

All I know is that I'm loving this offseason and this is a great predicament to have. Think about it... We have 4 great rookies to be excited about. I remember past years that we couldn't draft 4 great rookies in 4 years!!! Regardless of what the sports radio guys say, I think we are on our way to having a great, fun, exciting team to root for this year!

17. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

i'd be a very happy man if orlando accepted that offer, even IF howard left at the end of the season, because at least we wouldn't be giving up parsons, dmo, or lamb.

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    DMo
    Howard

that lineup would be a team to look out for in the coming years, and by then, im sure Morey would make this team look even better.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

I suspect the deal is not done yet because they (Orlando) thinks Morey is playing hardball with them. Morey knows there is risk with a rental, especially a broken rental that may not play too many games this year, so he is being careful not too give away our near term future.

19. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

believe me, i hope the person you quoted is right. i just think orlando will demand at least lamb, if not parsons as well, and morey will bite.

20. DaneB

DaneB Member

How many first round picks will be giving up and where will they be coming from?