1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We almost signed Croshere

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

...... The Rockets have mended the fence with Hakeem. They are still talking about rebounding help, but are reluctant to take on salary. With Hakeem, Shandon Anderson and Maurice Taylor all free agents and several cap spots they have to still account for coming open, the Rockets look to have a lot of room to play this summer... The Pacers have some internal issues, as the young guys want more of a role. Austin Croshere has been something of a one hit wonder, but his base year and size of contract will prohibit any type of a move this season, even though they seems interested in such a move. Croshere was extremely close to signing a deal in Houston this past summer, so you can expect that name to come up again when Houston has some caproom to offset the base year issues this coming summer....

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thats from Bskball.com

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

One year wonder, i don't think so, that would be Isiah's decision to nail him to the bench and play foster or sundov. Austin's game Rocks

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

4. Cat5

Cat5 Member

I'm glad we didn't sign him.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

me too Cat5, this year he has not been boarding and just kinda taking outside shots.

------------------

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

or getting minutes

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Well, if you sign Croshere, you don't have Mo Taylor. Trying to be as unbiased as I possibly can, I just think Mo brings you a lot more than Croshere does, and I'm happy we have him.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com