1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya will see what Gs does. You even know there gonna beat them silly in gs, you just want to piss me off. Hey look rockets had a fine year, but everyone knows they cant get pass that nucleus that was constructed to challenge lebron trophies lol.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's tough as hell but it ain't impossible until you fight till the last minute.

If Houston can win 1 or 2 at Oracle's, everything is good. If they can't win one, then they can still take them to 6 theoretically.

Simple math, simple theory.

They have to play much much better than against the Jazz and Minny. For 1 game they did.

lw17 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The scary part is that GS did not show their true color, in flashes in Game 1 but not all of it.

Maybe it's Houston not letting them but we will find out in Oakland.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

i honestly hope the rockets can go in golden state in just take them down to the wire even goto overtime and beat them. It all depends on how bad the rockets want this, they've got to want it more than the warriors, do they really want it bad enough is what it all comes down to, i mean they do have something to play for. I am a rockets fan and want them to win dont get me wrong.

Although im sure i look like a doubter which is my fault, but you see how this goes when any team gets on there court. The thunder and the cavs are the only teams who have had any success there... and we all know where the main peice of that thunder team went to dominate the league.

lw17 likes this.
  5. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Bro these dudes aren't immortal; curry is hurt, durant has to carry the load. Simple math, let Durant get his shots because he's gonna tire out, run curry ragged to keep his knee sore, make Klay become a passer and negate his catch n shoot opportunities and Just let Draymond be Draymond he'll get tossed at a critical time.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're signature fits you perfectly.

You've made cents since 93 but haven't made any sense.

[​IMG]

houston19519 and ReignSupreme like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

ReignSupreme likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Draymond has committed an attempted punch in game one at Harden and obviously didn't make a play on the ball yet intentionally shoves Ariza out of bounce in game 2 which should be a flagrant 2. He'll never be tossed out a game in this series brah.

lw17 likes this.
  9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Dude, Capela was rotating and creating havoc for GSW drives. Yes Durant got his, but Curry kept flopping up shots at the backboard because Capela converged and made him change his shots at the rim. He is long and has great lateral quickness - plus if they keep switching and Capela stays close to the paint, then we have the best rim protector in the series. Basically, Draymond has to stay home on him and take him into account in every defensive possession otherwise the lob at the rim is open or we get an offensive rebound. Thats why he only had 10 boards and the rest of our team were able to grab boards - because Draymond was getting his attention. We outrebounded them 47 to 36 and they regressed to their mean with regards to turnovers.

Your argument is the same as saying James Harden had a pedestrian game when we know that his gravity opens everything up for everybody else on the team. Value is not just in the numbers.

I'm not sure what you mean about soft interior defense when we destroyed Utah's NBA leading defense by outdefending them.

Clint may be flawed, but so is James Harden along with 3 of the Warriors big 4.

Steph Curry is flawed - limited defensively, Draymond is flawed - FTs and offensively limited, Klay is flawed - no matter what people say, he cannot really create and is by and large a product of the GSW system. Thats what they have - a system that plays to their strengths.

Now its up to us to exploit their flaws and play to our strengths. Do we have a smaller margin for error? Of course. But we have been great on the road this year and won two games in freaking Utah which is hell to play in.

We are still underdogs in this matchup, but we are still Clutch City.

10. mockster

mockster Member

Overall we have enough talented guys but on paper obviously the warriors look crazy good with 4 all stars plus very good role players

11. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

That's your fandom speaking, he didn't throw a punch he pushed him on his chest. That push wasn't hard enough, you must mean because Ariza had his back turned He was helpless thats when embellishment comes into play, just keep getting under his skin. He got suspended in the finals a few year back, he's not above not being suspended again........brah?

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I made that thread to see what people would vote, not about riding with anything. I assume if the rockets would of gotten swept which they didnt, people would of came in here and done the same, i just did it early. Ive always rooted for them to win.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I know your type. We're not allowed to enjoy a win bruh?

This is one of the most knowledgeable forums around. Who TF thinks it's gonna be easy? Don't quote me 1 or 2 guys either.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Holic needs a new drug, because basketball isn't for him. Acting like you're going out on a limb by saying the Warrior's is going to win is just laughable. Throwing shade at Capela after he outplayed Towns & Robert is just weak and proves he cares more about being right then analyzing basketball. Rockets may lose but it's going to be a helluva lot fun watching them battle for a trip to the Finals. I'm enjoying the ride, JUST 3 WINS AWAY FROM THE FINALS BABY!!!!!

luckyman76 and YOLO like this.
  15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Can't believe people still scared of GS. We're going to blow them out again in game 3. 4 will be competitive but I think we pull it out too. Then close out the series in 5. This **** is over. Automatic Eric is back.

ReignSupreme and jeevinesh like this.
  16. noppeper

noppeper Member

I disagree. To me, that was an egregious act to "send a message" to your opponent in a fit of frustration. It has been proven throughout the history of the NBA to work, especially in the playoffs (just look at the Laimbeer Pistons, Rodman in the Bulls, etc.). So many ticky tack flagrants are called, when intention is not clear, and yet this one is ignored?!?

If the NBA is not going to act to his antics, the Rockets might have to fight back at some point, depending on how the series is going.

lw17 likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you switch and contest everything on Klay and Curry, Durant gonna Durant, but if you do that first thing...they don't seem as terrifying.

I also think you can get really physical with Steph, he wants the game to be pretty and finesse, put him on the ground, get in his face, tell him the only way he's getting points tonight is driving the lane. He doesn't really have a step back jumper and is too small for a turn around so you can prevent him from taking his preferred shot (which is basically anywhere beyond the 3 point line and open for not even a second)

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

@DonKnock - here's another one.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . and sometimes. . . Le$$ is actually less

Rocket River

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

KKKKKKKKKKKK