1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] San Antonio vs. Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2017.

?

(2)San Antonio vs. (7)Memphis

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Spurs in 4

18.6%
  2. Spurs in 5

34.3%
  3. Spurs in 6

25.7%
  4. Spurs in 7

7.1%
  5. Grizzlies in 7

7.1%
  6. Grizzlies in 6

5.7%
  7. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Grizzlies in 4

1.4%
  1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Or maybe the 61 win team is better than the 43 win team who is missing their defensive stopper? Both teams are small market non sexy teams so if it's rigged, the league would do everything possible to get it to a game 7.

In any case, Fizz is great for standing up for his guys even if he's going to get a fine. I think they take game 3 but overall the grizzlies just don't have enough fire power to win a playoff series.

Pen15clubber and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. what

what Member

All I want is a fair chance to win. And we don't get that. Hell, Mike got stitches over his eye from Kawhi elbow and was called for a foul, which is ridiculous.
    Zbo gets mauled pretty much every possession and never gets calls.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I guess now Memphis knows what it feels like to be a Rocket when the Rockets play the Grizzlies.

francis 4 prez and BigShasta like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I wish a Rockets guy could do something like Fis just did. That earned my respect.

5. what

what Member

James Harden: 11 free throws. The grizzlies: 15 free throws. Come on man. Harden gets to the free throw line at will.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Greg Pop is constantly talking to refs and intimidating them.

He has always been doing this.

It didn't start this series lulz...

francis 4 prez and Hustle Town like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Aren't the Grizzlies the team that fouls the most throughout the season? IIRC?

That's not some kind of bias, it's not like they are the only small market team, they do a lot of reaching man and try to play physical most games, when you do so you run the risk of getting whistle happy refs that will punish that play style. On the flip 'side if you get refs that don't blow the whistle it then favors them...

9. what

what Member

Yeah, conley reached in with his face: stupid conley

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I didn't watch the game, but I'm sure they got screwed. However, showing FGAs to indicate this is somewhat insulting to the intelligence of fans ... and Fizdale did the same thing in his presser.

If you are fouled on a shot, it doesn't show up as a FGA. The proper way to show that is shots in the paint.

Again, I'm sure they got screwed, but fact remains that shooting fouls are not FGAs, unless an And-1. Show us better stats.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

anybody else get any free throws? Memphis beats up the Rockets every time they meet without drawing fouls. I'm glad Fizdale stood up for his team. I'm also glad Memphis got a little taste of their own medicine. shrug*

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This was showing paint FGA's, not the total FGA's

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If they actually called every foul as it is in a Grizzlies game, Zach Randolph would foul out within 1st quarter of most games and Tony Allen would struggle to stay in by half time.

RudyTBag and roslolian like this.
  14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

So uncompetitive. Not even fun to watch.

BigShasta likes this.
  15. what

what Member

Truly the only fair sport is baseball. Basketball is ridiculous. It's entertainment tv. And they don't even care because fans are going to games in droves to watch it.

16. heypartner

What? Is that tweet totals for both games, then? Because it definitely is not the totals for Game 2 alone. The math is waaaay off, if it is Game 2 stats. Who cares about Game 1, it was a 30 pt blowout.

Again, I'm sure they got screwed, but I would like to see the pertinent stats. for just Game 2. Shots in the paint vs fouls. Not FGAs vs fouls, since fouls on shots don't register as FGAs. So, logic dictates, if you are fouled more, you will have less FGAs. It's not that hard for them to show the better stats of shots. Showing us FGAs is lazy journalism.

17. what

what Member

Go to bed, heypee, your head is about to explode.

18. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Nothing new about the officiating. It is consistently crap.

Yao was horribly officiated his time at Houston which JVG pointed it out. The league replied with a $100K bill.

#178 cheshire, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  19. heypartner

lulz...it is Fizdale who needs to have "glass of wine on the plane", go to bed, because his head is going to explode.

I'm just saying, the stats he quoted in that presser are useless for saying anything about disparity of fouls on shots in the paint. Again, I'm sure they got screwed some, but don't show me FGAs vs FTs,,,,that's insulting to stats intelligence. Show me shots vs FTs. Fouls on shots won't register as a FGA.

And this tweet is CLEARLY not Game 2. What is the purpose of this tweet?

Take that Game 1 stuff out of there, it was a 30 pt blowout.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. heypartner

don't get me wrong ... I want to see how many times Leonard got bailed out on a bad call vs how many times MEM didn't get the call.

RudyTBag likes this.