1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] Golden State vs. Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2017.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)Portland

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Warriors in 4

52.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

29.4%
  3. Warriors in 6

5.9%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.0%
  5. Blazers in 7

2.0%
  6. Blazers in 6

5.9%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

2.0%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not me. Doug Collins just doesn't know when to shut up and tries too hard.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Warriors should not be allowed to compete in the Playoffs. Just give them the championship already.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

OK, maybe you were on to something. Curry kept the game ball for Kerr and said he's going through a lot physically right now.

4. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Durant rests again out of super cautiousness.

5. BackdoorHarden

They are taking resting to a new level.

Even resting their coach

6. BackdoorHarden

What? How? Clippers/Jazz series will give them at least 3 to 5 days rest, even if they finish it 4-0 against CJ/Dame

7. BackdoorHarden

ROFL

Pop should have rested Patty and Manu tonight

8. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Durant isn't resting though because of conserving energy. It is to allow his calf maximum time to heal. Playing while not fully healed will just aggravate it.

In fact Warriors should rest Durant in Game 4. If Clippers/Jazz go the distance, Durant could have 2 weeks of continuous healing time.

So don't be surprised if Durant rests again to ensure it is fully healed.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Has Shaq had any more to say about javale? He's killing it, right in shaq's face.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. MD_in_Training

The Warriors are not good for the NBA and its business. If they demolish the Cavs this year, then I think a lot of people will lose some interest in the NBA next year. What's the point of watching sports if you already know the outcome?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hope Kerr recovers soon, but if he is out for the rest of the playoffs, or needs to miss Finals games, it might just set up the Mike Brown revenge against Cavs story line

ramotadab likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone else catch that ESPN's recap description of Game 3 OKC/HOU they said WB's "dagger attempt missed", but the score was tied. Daggers are about putting someone away. lulz. Like Curries three with 50 seconds left put them up by 7. pretty insurmountable.

Daggers should at the very least create a multiple possession game that forces opp to start fouling....not a shot from a tie game. But....Westbrook.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. jsingles

jsingles Member

This game reminds me of one of those times where you wish you could go back in time to take monetary advantage of a situation that you knew would play out in a certain way. When Portland got up 48-33 I was sitting here talking about how I wish I were in Vegas or setup with an online book. There was a timeout and live bets would have had Warriors I'm assuming somewhere around +500 - +600 to win the game, maybe higher. I knew right then and there the Warriors would win this game, they were simply toying with the Blazers. A $2,000 bet would have won you no less than $10,000, I knew it would happen, but I wasn't in a position to pull the trigger.

Back to your original point. Yes, the Warriors are simply bad for the NBA, we know who's going to win it all. I'd wager the Warriors lose 1 game in the semi's, 1 in the conference finals and sweep the team coming out of the East. It'll be incredibly boring and the entirety of the NBA will be worse off for it. The Warriors bring back everyone next year and they win 67+ games again and we have a repeat of this year. How terribly boring.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

People said the same thing last year.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it sounds kind of scary if they don't know what's going on. From what I understand, they never really knew what was going wrong after the back surgery. It was all a nasty surprise.

I don't really like the Warriors, especially b/c I have to deal with Bay Area fans out here and their terrible radio presence, BUT I do like Kerr. He just seems like good people and I hate to see someone suffering, especially when they can't figure out what's going on.

On the other hand, as C.H. has just pointed out, the Mike Brown returns to Cleveland with someone else's army would be epically hilarious.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I believe they also described Conley's game-tying floater in regulation as a 'dagger' lol.

18. MD_in_Training

Which is exactly why it was interesting last year. If GSW were to win this year (which I suspect that they will in spectacular fashion), it will just cement the notion in people's minds that last year was a fluke and this GSW team will just dominate from here on out. We all know Lebron is aging and the Cavs are playing on borrowed time, whereas KD, Klay, Curry, and Green are all in their primes. So, then who's the competition? Spurs? Us?

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rule changes could be the competition. Time to eliminate the corner 3.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nurkic ruled out for game four.

Nurkic experienced some soreness in his leg after playing 17 minutes on Saturday, and with Portland falling into a 0-3 hole, there's not much incentive for him to risk suffering a setback with this series pretty much over. Noah Vonleh should be back in the starting lineup on Monday with Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu all spending some minutes at the five-spot.