1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Portland vs. (6)New Orleans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(3)Portland vs. (6)New Orleans

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Blazers in 4

1.9%
  2. Blazers in 5

13.0%
  3. Blazers in 6

44.4%
  4. Blazers in 7

18.5%
  5. Pelicans in 7

3.7%
  6. Pelicans in 6

16.7%
  7. Pelicans in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pelicans in 4

1.9%
  1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Portland’s D is not good because Nukic is taken out most of the time vs Pelicans.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc he can't guard AD at all and doesn't do enough on the offensive end to compensate himself being on the floor

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Which is why their D has regressed so much vs regular season because Nukic was a big part of it. Of coursse, pelicans have been balling.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe he was one of the targets mentioned by Codman. It was also obvious that no one was interested in Ryan, therefore he could not be obtained.

Moving Ryan in the off season won't be easy. This is the Gordian Knot that the Rockets will continue to face in my opinion.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thanks lol. As for Aminu i don't know, if i remember well he'll be expiring next season, won't be shocked to see the Blazers trade him this summer for peanuts to lower their salaries...

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He will be a UFA in 2019 after the end of the 18-19 season. The next season's contract is only 6.9 M. Age is not an issue either. Aminu is 27, with 7 years experience. He might be packaged with CJ for a better player, but they might retain him too.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah exactly, but the Blazers have SFs like Harkless and Turner that are basically unmovable, this summer they'll be forced to pay Nurkic, Davis is expiring too and played well for them this year, they may want to keep him unless they plan to use Colling as a 5...i mean, yeah, Aminu is pretty cheap, he's probably their best contract (between their role players) but i'm not sure they'll be able to resign him going forward, unless he'll be ok to take the MLE which is possible btw...so who knows. I'd say they'll keep him and try to move Turner, Harkless or Leonard to shed some salary but moving Aminu would be much much easier for them if they want to lower their salaries.

saleem likes this.
  8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Really? This AGAIN?

DrexlerFan (banned I believe), not the same thing as Drexlerfan22. Seriously.

9. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Lol, that sucks. Reminds me of that scene from Office Space.

[​IMG]

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Lol. That parallel hadn't occurred to me, but it's literally perfect now that you point it out.

I've been on this board for 16 years, a Rockets fan all the way. Then some dude takes a username that's really close to mine like a year ago (not even that?), gets banned a few months later, but he was such a huge troll he's STILL ruining my cred. Sheesh.

fba34 and dkim1984 like this.
  12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Be used to be his daddy. My, how times change. Dude is one of the better pg in the league.

13. Mr. Space City

interesting, so now the narrative went from davis has no help to jrue holiday slept on.

almost like this is the first time some people are seeing the pelicans this year.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Coach Nick doesn't think the defense of the Pels is that good. I think it is pretty strange to pick out a few possessions and say Pels defense is not that good after 3 games of absolute dominance.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is a reason people thought this series was going to go 7. Jrue, Rondo and Mirotic weren't playing like this in the regular season.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess we'll see how good it is when they'll play the Warriors, personally i'm not sold even though Holiday has always been a pretty good defender and playoff Rondo seem to be a real thing.

Maybe the Blazers are just tired or whatever, in fact they played pretty bad basketball in the last month...while the Pelicans are probably at their best right now, it can happen after all...wouldn't be shocked tbh, the Pelicans are playing well etc, but on paper they shouldn't beat Portland 4-0 in the way they're doing it imo.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

He has played like ass.

I have watched him long enough to know that he is a really really good player though. And not a lot of players have the heart that he has. The will.

Honestly, this series reflects on Stotts' coaching and Olshey as a GM. The roster construction is still mismatched. This would be easier to fix if Olshey didn't hand out terrible contracts to Meyers and Turner. But, he did. And Stotts has not been able to figure out a counter measure to the defensive coverage that New Orleans is using, which is designed to completely suffocate Dame.

Even though Lillard has been terrible, he's in a system that is designed to fail in the playoffs.

I'm not worried about Dame going forward into the future. I am worried that we will keep Stotts and Olshey and just trudge into the future doing the same ****.

19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

If only CF could take a forget-me-now and wake up to a world where Eric Milli...errr, @DrexlerFan didn't exist. Him and his insufferable show.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

playoff ps