1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

37.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

31.5%
  3. Warriors in 6

9.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.7%
  5. Clippers in 7

8.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

2.7%
  7. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clippers in 4

8.2%
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Even if the clippers lose the next one - I hope they keep it close and make the worriers WORK HARD for it.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Clippers shoked the world, AGAIN!

How can they play this way on the road and so lame at home?!?

Anyway, much respect to the Clipper nation.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can see why Michael Jordan fought this guy in practice. Kerr is just a prick. Like classic 80s movie prick.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bro, the way this chit is going, we need to be very afraid of the Clippers. Those bois have draggy to sell!

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I seriously considered placing a bet for some reason.... Haha, hopefully someone did

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, perfect mention of 80s movies prick

Tfor3 and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I love Harell. He had started to really develop with us when he got traded. Dude can put up 24 points and millions of hustle plays.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Caprah

Caprah Member

There wasn’t much of a fight. Jordan beat the crap out of him

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

I was right. We did not want to play the clippers in thr first round.

macho GRANDE and chadyang like this.
  10. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Double OT Game 6 (or 7...) which causes GSW to get less than 36 hours of rest before the first round would be a great advantage regardless of which team wins at the end. The Warriors are mentally fatigued and the Clippers are giving everything they got.

It would be a very interesting bookend to this period of NBA “dominance” by GSW if they are eliminated in 7, when the (arguably) first part of this period was the We Believe Warriors shocking the Mavericks in 7 games.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is there a video of the fight?

I am not sure I would call that a fight.

Jordan punched him in the face and gave him a black eye. Kerr was just punching air lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Just the fact that they’re not gonna get extra sleep in their own beds, have to pack their **** and go to LA is a major win. They’ve already spent way more time and energy in this series than anybody could’ve imagined.

We all know the extra rest for our guys is obviously really nice but I hope we take advantage of the unexpected 1 extra game film we’re going to be blessed with.

Harden is a superior player to Lou so it may sound weird but I feel like he has a lot he can pick up if he studies how Lou has been able to have so much success against the Warriors. It goes beyond just making shots. Seeing/preparing/anticipating what they’re gonna throw at him will be huge.

They say the Jazz gave a blueprint on how to defend Harden but flip script... the Clippers are laying out the blueprint on how to beat the Warriors while having inferior talent.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

GJ old rox + gallo

ramotadab likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love it when know-it-alls like you make grandiose claims like this. There were no cameras there, so what is your opinion based on: your own bullsht

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This one or the other one? Take yr time.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wanna see Lou VS Damian daggers, maybe next year.

Revolution of them smalls.

#1696 daywalker02, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    ramotadab likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

So with +1126 does that mean if you bet $100 you get 1126 times a 100??

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Exactly.

19. farhen

farhen Member

:confused:

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Hell of a game! Is there a better rebounding small guard than Bev? I don’t think so! He got the Clips off to a great start and never let up. Early in the game, I said he had fire and desire. Does he ever! And Harrell? The cat was a madman. With Williams playing as well as I’ve seen him play in a hell of a long time, he and Harrell were just in sync beautifully. Wish we still had all three of them. That trade we made for Chris has turned out to be a classic “both teams won it” deal, because both teams obviously did, in my opinion. Props to Coach Rivers. He had the Clippers prepared. Williams and Gallinari got loose and brought it. Their bench was big. Just a great all around effort from the good LA team.

Post-game Oakland interviews were classic. Klay seemed to be weeping. How embarrassing! I give Bogut credit for being a stand up guy in the interview. He’s a pain in the arse to play against. Maybe it’s an Aussie cultural thing, and maybe Kerr should have given him more minutes. Durant played his heart out and perhaps that heart won’t be in San Francisco after this season. He was unconscious on the court, but couldn’t win it by himself. Green? Thank god, assuming Oakland still takes the series, that Green isn’t Gobert and Gobert is in the rear view mirror. Oakland’s bench just didn’t stack up against LA’s. Not even close.

Kerr was his usual ******* self. He continues to think his sh*t doesn’t stink, as the poet said. It does and he does. I don’t know what to say about Curry, except that there’s a sense of entitlement that surrounds Oakland, starting with their coach and down through Curry and Thompson. Having several All Stars, winning several championships, and getting a tremendous player like Durant to join them just might be conducive to that. It caught up with Oakland in this game, and caught up with Curry and Thompson. Not being babied by the officials tonight had their heads spinning. Crazy.

We’ll have plenty of time to recover from Utah, get some practices in, watch film, and watch the rest of what’s turned into an amazing series. Our coaching staff, both MDA and Coach B, will have several days to prepare for Oakland. That’s assuming they still take the series. If the Clippers can play in LA like they’ve played in Oakland? Maybe they tie the damn thing and return for game 7, where they’ve already won twice. Quoting Mr. Lennon, it’s all too much. This is just great for our guys. It couldn’t be better. Whoever wins this series, I really like our chances. Now if only the league wouldn’t stack the deck against Houston with clearly biased officials. Just let the two teams play and let the freakin’ chips fall where they may.