1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

37.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

31.5%
  3. Warriors in 6

9.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.7%
  5. Clippers in 7

8.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

2.7%
  7. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clippers in 4

8.2%
  1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Cousins hit their first three pointer of the game. In fact, cousins scored warriors
    first five points of the game

Then golden state stayed in the short box set early and Thompson scored in the post so that was a role reversal. At that point it was downhill.

Oh btw, curry made like 8 three pointers smh! Lol!

#221 smoothie_king, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Ooh Lord, let 'em know! [​IMG]

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Twelve turnovers came from both green and cousins.

The short box set is something rockets can try to blow up but if cousins is scoring early, what will rockets do to counter? Double ?

Doubling only plays into the hands of the warriors with Durant,curry,Thompson???smh! Lol.

Notice how Kerr and the warriors try to set up other teams by playing curry off the ball early with the short box.

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Clippers could've won if they had any decent offense outside of Trez going nuts and Lou creating for himself. Beverley got some quick whistles and Warriors of course were allowed a ton of contact. And then Mark & Jef saying perfect defense when there's a clear slap on the arm or something similar. It's beyond embarrassing at this point, though Beverley did his own fair share of embarrassing himself. He was such a product of our system, Harden feeding him and being given the freedom to operate. It's almost 4 on 5 on offense.

People fail to realise that if you play a team like the Warriors, especially when it's called like this, a Curry can get you 15 rebounds. There was one instance in the 3rd quarter where 3 Clippers with Curry ending up with the offensive rebound. Beverley could've grabbed it, but he was hesitant since he just picked a whistle on just holding a player like he does every single play and just knew if he would be a bit aggressive they would've called him for the foul. Glad Bev got Durant ejected, hate that smile he puts up as if he's not bothered and then clearly is.

This will all be over soon and if the Warriors play like this, only the refs can help them.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I watched quite a bit of this game last night and it's too bad that Lou Williams can't play all 48 minutes. It wasn't surprising to me to see the Warriors go on one of their little runs but it was deflating to see that they are already getting help from the refs.

417Rocket likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Has sports ever seen another stacked Goliath team so proud of themselves for beating up on a David?

5 all stars dancing around and getting in the faces of journeyman players. I don't think the phrase "act like you've been there before" ever made it to California.

7. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Beverley was -24, Lowry and Lin combined were +11.

8. Mr. Space City

This is absurd.

417Rocket and napalm06 like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gotta start flopping on these. Don't know why guys don't do it more often. The moving screen already has you pinned.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz. DNP-CD's combine for nothing. They get nothing.

[​IMG]

Poor Jeremy, out of the rotation

11. omgTHEpotential

FIFY

12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

[​IMG]

13. HookemHorns1250

I’m glad Doc called out the refs inconsistent technicals. He did it exactly how he should have. He didn’t blame the refs for the entire game, he admitted they got outplayed, but then went on to explain how Gal got a tech for saying “Where’s the foul”, and while he said there were two guys (I think we know who they are), who are screaming, cursing at officials, but it’s let go.

The officials know that if they gave Greene one tech, he’d be just doing the same thing two minutes later, and that they couldn’t kick him out of a playoff game. I’m fine with I guess letting the players play, but if you’re not going to give a tech to Greene or Cousins... then don’t freaking give one to Gal in that situation.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nba officiating is a JOKE

Hakeemtheking, pippendagimp and Sajan like this.
  15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

All I did was respond in-kind to the post that said Lowry and Lin combined for 0 points.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This muthf*cka Shaq just called Patrick Beverley the modern day GP.

"GP" stands for "Gary Payton" not "General Person"

whathappened and RayRay10 like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ed malloy is one of silver's designated fixers and has passed thru rigorous training on how to ignore any GS opponents falling down

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Shaq should be fired for that. If I was Payton, I’d be all over everywhere calling Shaq our for that. I love Beverly, but he and Payton aren’t even in the same hemisphere of players.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

lol I know you're joking but Pat is actually a free agent this summer.

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lol Shaq got offended when someone compare him to jokic as the "White Shaq" lool