1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Watson Or Savage? Who would you like to see lead the Texans week 1

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nigel Thornberry, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Watson or Savage

1. Deshaun Watson

66.7%
  2. Tom Savage

33.3%
  1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The OL talk is ridiculously over board. The sacks on Savage were on Savage. He held the ball too long. OL is at least middle of the league. With so much resources tied to defense that's as good as we're getting.

Keep Savage as the starter and give Watson some time before throwing him to the wolves.

Commodore likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Damn. Weeden is so disrespected around here. He's not even in the poll? He's a former first round pick. He may just be a late bloomer.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it is kind of strange. I always thought the same thing.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"You won’t see a more gifted passer than Brandon Weeden." - Jerrah

;)

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Savage is no better than Watson, then they might as well start Watson and let him learn on the field, instead of at practice. All I know is I can't wait to see the next game, to get more looks. This season can't start soon enough for me. I've been looking forward to it for months!!!

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think it's the fact that he is like 33 and nothing is blooming..

7. Nigel Thornberry

I only added people that made sense

8. Nigel Thornberry

Lmao! Yeah the guy was drafted at like 28 what kinda sh*% is that?!

9. Nigel Thornberry

Hahaha

10. Nigel Thornberry

I'm confused? I was told you defended osweiler all last year...

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you were told that, and the year before they had a different narrative they were pushing, and the year before that they had a different narrative they were pushing. It seems that some of our less intelligent posters here decide that I'm a huge fan of a different player every year.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I mean, we were still in week 10 and you wanted to give Osweiler more time. The narrative isn't always wrong.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he gave the team the best chance to win and I wasn't necessarily wrong. To this day Savage still doesn't have a passing TD. When we put Savage in, we got 7 FG's and 1 rushing TD as our whole offense for 2.5 games. Tell me how that was markedly better than what Osweiler was giving us to that point (they averaged just over 17 points per game all season).

The team was in a terrible spot with no good options. I wasn't wanting more Osweiler because I thought he was good, it was because I thought he could be the best bad option.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I mean, I recall more than a few instances where you blamed Hopkins more so than the qb that couldnt place the ball to him.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I blamed Hopkins when he did something wrong....I'm not sure what your point is?

When Osweiler screwed up, I blamed him for it, when Nuk screwed up I blamed him for it. It's how it goes. If Nuk screws up this year, I'll still blame him for it no matter what QB throws the pass that bounces off his hands.

16. donkeypunch

In your eyes, it was more often than not, Hopkins' fault. In many others eyes, it was crocks, is all Im saying.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well sure, in the eyes of the unwashed masses literally everything was Brock's fault. The defense gives up a TD? Brock's fault. A kicker missed a FG? Brock's fault.

I'm not really interested in the opinion of people like that because it's not really valid.

18. donkeypunch

LOL. Of course, my mistake.

19. Nigel Thornberry

If you honestly think that osweiler was a better chance to win than you have proved my point. I accused you of being an osweiler defender and beltloop holder. Apparently I was right.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty stupid, but you be you. In 2.5 games Savage threw for 0 TD's and the team scored less than they did the rest of the season....Osweiler gets back in after Savage goes down and almost instantly throws for a TD.

You don't have to like an option for it to be your best option.