1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching the Sonics and Nugs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Aggie 99, Oct 31, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Is Denver's offense a lot like what our's is going to be? I've been seeing Camby at the high post a bunch with a lot of back cuts. What do you guys think?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We will NEVER run and gun the way the Nugs do. I feel tired after the 1st quarter. It's like watching an NBA game from 20 or so years ago. With KD, AI & Melo playing, there was no way I would miss this game.

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

Durant still looks pretty nervous out there. Its a fun game to watch though.

4. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I'm seeing a little bit of primadona in Delonte West. His ball domination and freezing out of Durant reminded me of Ricky Davis when Lebron came in as a rookie. We all know what happened to Ricky Davis' Cavs career.

And at the end of the quarter buzzer, Delonto gets the ball, dribbles near halfcourt as time winds down, then strategically waits just after the buzzer sounds, and only then launches his hafl court heave. Uhh, I don't think he's fooling anyone with that. We all know what he was doing.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nene is a fat sissy chump.

6. Fuse

Fuse Member

Denver's defense is still so suspect. Until that solve that I don't think they honest can be considered a legit contender.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

Camby dont have post moves but he does that ugly yet efficient mid range jumper. So most of the time he is station in the station in the high to open up space for AI to drive!

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

I still remember his antics when he threw the ball off his own backboard to ge a triple double. How sad is that.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Nugs have fallen apart in the 2nd quarter. If the Sonics were a mature team (and if KD could hit the side of a barn), they would be up 12-15 points. The Sonics' athleticism is fun to watch.

10. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I really like Durant and I think after watching the Blazers vs. the Spurs last night....the tallent level in the NBA is getting to the point where every team is getting better. Even Atlanta, LA Clips, and NO Hornets are getting better. There is going to be no easy games in the NBA....

Do you think this will push the NBA to expand yet again?

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I didn't know Denver had a team :confused:

12. Fuse

Fuse Member

Its not like he's taking bad shots. They are just not falling for him. I like how he is playing in the flow of game. I was worried that he would be a chucker like Kobe, but he has quickly dispelled any of those concerns. He's showing to me other facets of his game that I didn't know he had.

13. yobod

yobod Member

is that supposed to be funny? :rolleyes:

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is just my personal opinion: The NBA should not expand. It should focus on improving the product on the court, which you imply is happening. Adding teams would be a huge mistake IMO. I think the league has enough issues to address without diluting the talent base.

Fuse, I agree with you on KD. Those shots will start falling eventually.

Great 1st half. I think the Sonics will run out of gas and the Nugs will win going away.

15. yobod

yobod Member

In response to the Delonte West issue. It was similar with Yao also. After a year on the team it was clear that the only way it'd Yao's team was if everybody was gone. Just like Lebron...brought it a whole new cast after his first year.

West is just temporary filler anyways, to move Ray Allen.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

all stars and franchise type players are what sells and attracts fans, and those type of players are hard to come by. I don't want to follow a team that has a bunch of marginal to okay players.

17. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

durant 3-14 at the half.

18. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

This could finally be the year that the Nugs give me an ulcer. I just have to keep reminding myself that when Nene's finally in shape in February, he's going to be a beast. Provided no one has killed him yet for being so damn lazy.

Went to the game last night and don't feel like I have had any of my questions answered. In fact, I'm nervous about Karl right now. The defense looked like crap all night and the offense had no movement in the first half. His substitution pattern was pretty bad as well. I'm going to have to re-watch the game to get a better idea on everything.

8:30 tipoffs suck. I didn't get home until 1. Sadly, my work doesn't view the day after the Nugs home opener as an official holiday like I suggested either. God bless Red Bull.

19. airmanz

airmanz Member

No way!

Camby is at high post because he has no offense at all under the hoop.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What's the deal with Najera drilling 3 pointers? When he hit the first one I couldn't believe it and when he tried (much less hit) the third one after missing the second attempt, I nearly fell out of the bed.

The defense was awful but it's just the opening game. Still, the Nugs are the type of team that can give you ulcers. Brace yourself.