1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching the playoffs make me miss the Rockets and think...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jfbradley1985

jfbradley1985 Member

How despite the winning percentage on the deason, they could be a beast of a team in a seven game series!

Think about it, near the end, the rockets started playing some beautiful basketball. The Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin show was a sight so see. Chase was starting to show his "white Joe Johnson" athleticism. Trevor Ariza was actually starting to look great and fitting in perfectly!

I think they could go up against anyone in a seven game series, their defence was atrocious, but their offence was in a league of its own.

What do you guys think? Would we be a contender in a seven game series, or a bust?

P.S. can't wait for next season with a complete and set team, and a 7' 6" tree in the middle of the floor (with limited minutes of course.)

2. choujie

choujie Member

We have a poor records against winning teams this year. This team won't win a 7 game series if they had the chance, due to the extremely poor defense.

The importance of defense is amplified in playoffs.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Lottery + DM + the return of Yao Ming

no worries. We'll be back.

4. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Our defense would beg to differ.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well we are definately better than Chicago, Milwaukee, Charlotte and maybe even Miami.

Oh well, makes next year all the sweeter.

6. choujie

choujie Member

I don't know about that. Rockets had 3-5 record against those teams.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And we got blown out by the Pacers, doesnt mean we arent a better team.

8. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

As mentioned by others, we were not playing playoff caliber defense. I was at the Kings game where we gave up 70 points in the first half, and even though we won it was plain to see that this team would struggle holding off a stacked team like the Lakers.

I feel like our mentality has shifted too far away from a defensive focus since Artest left. I'm glad we have Ariza now, he's a better player than Ron-ron is now and will be for a long time, but he does not bring that same infectious attitude that seemed to make everyone else play harder (defensively). Bringing Yao back won't solve all of our problems, and I really hope that we find a way to pick it up on that end of the floor this offseason. Maybe a new assistant coach - I can't think of any off the top of my head but we need more than the big guy I think.

9. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

in 2 years

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

God milwaukee is terrible without Bogut. Makes me wonder how flawed the east and west system is. Teams deserving of playoffs in the west are ****ed over while undeserving and average teams in the east are allowed to squeak in.

The sad thing is, nothing will be changed :mad:

11. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Milwaukee was respectable before they lost Bogut. They deserve the spot.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Chase Budinger has always displayed his white JJ athleticism. You mean he was beginning to display his black JJ athleticism.

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Shh....Morey's making his move right around the corner... ;)

14. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Chase is more athletic than Joe Johnson is.....so technically Joe Johnson is the "white Chase Budinger" :)

15. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

So majority of the NBA is white? :eek: