1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching Lebron...dreaming about Royce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 29, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Haven't seen a pass Lebron has made that Royce can't make. Royce is different in that he is more of a power player in the post and doesn't have the outside jumper, nor the hops and extreme finishing ability that Lebron has. But for as great a passer as Lebron is, I actually think Royce is more creative and more deceptive. Going to be interesting watching Royce develop.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's true they're in the same mold, but Lebron's every strength is greater than White's strength, and his weakness is the same kind but not as glaring as White's weakness.

If people were complaining about Lebron not being able to shoot from the outside, shoot jumpers period, shoot free throws, and make turnovers, then people will be pulling their hair out over White. The potential is there, but White would have to work twice as hard as Lebron did to overcome his shooting and turnover woes, because they're that much worse off to start with.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Royce were to come to camp 10-15 lbs lighter, watch out.:eek:

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I hope Royce makes it onto the USA 2016 Rio Olympic team. He is going to become famous this year in the NBA though. His passing is on par with LeBron.

5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

For a guy of his size, you are dead-on. His court vision and timing with the passing are superb for a big man. Now as far as the rest of his game (outside shooting, hops, etc.) fingers are crossed! :grin:

6. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

is this post serious.

White is at least 20lbs over weight.
    White's ceiling could be Chris Webber type player.

He has good vision but did turn the ball over in summer league against scrubs trying to make great passes.

putting these two guys in the same sentence is just funny.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You should be watching Boris Diaw.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

Royce is a consummate professional

9. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Love Royce - But No Lebron

Vertical Jump/Speed Differential not close !!! Never will be !!

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Royce is very different from LB....

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Right now I think Royce will have a difficult time to even see the floor. He is a great passer, a good rebounder and an ok defender... But he is turnover prone and has basically no scoring ability that translates well to the NBA. Right now PPat, Moti and Jones should be ahead of him on the depth chart.

I am very intrigued by him, because he could be very special - but he has a long way in front of him.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Ridiculous. Stop comparing him to Lebron just because they are both good passers, because that's all they have in common.

I like Royce but I'm not nearly as high on him as most around here. I think he's got potential to really improve but as of now I think it'll be a while before he sees regular minutes. His speed/footwork leaves a lot to be desired, his positioning and rebounding ability was lackluster in summer league, and the passing won't come so easy against NBA defenders. He's going to have to be careful with the ball and not force the passes to keep his turnover rate down. Oh, and he showed next to nothing offensively.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sergio Llull coming up on next game: Spain vs China

#13 Aruba77, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  14. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

He has the talent (ball handling, court vision and passing) but he needs the work ethic (conditioning, defense, a shot).

15. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

all of this
    i can see it now

":mad: !! why didn't we trade him to get dwight!!"

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sweet, we have the next Reggie Miller AND LeBron James on our team.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Here we go again, annointing a rookie to superstar before he has proven his mettle (anyone remember Marcus Morris last year?). He may turn out to be a player or he may turn out to be a bust. IMO we should wait before laying a laurel on his head ... or a wreath on his career.

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki

19. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

YouTube LBJ at age 15-his AAU days were better days, and more covered for that matter
    than a Royce White summer L game...deuce....not saying he won't be good...
    Just stop comparing players let them mold, things like this talk get in guys head,
    for good, or bad, from ZBo in wrong places being told he's the greatest PF but...doesn't happen till BEAST mode playoffs when we realized hey this guy ended up good, no superstar but good...he was compared to everything, bc he was a PF that could do anything!-to a player like "Harold baby JORDAN Minor" ended upmoutof the L.
    Look our last guy with "anxiety" issues we traded 3 first rounders including Richard Jefferson for the late Mr. Eddie Griffen - who well could DO ANYTHING, he was raw, had skills, and had a bullet of a shot go in 35% of the time....he ended up never ever reaching his potential niche was stunted into a player not only the fans wanted, but the FO wanted. We can't compare guy to guy-I'm guilty I do it...but stop seriously, and this kid just needs a blank page to come show he can BALL, like when we knew CBudd could jump, but not look like Brent Barry (young years at times) gliding through the air for a putback slam, we didn't know we didn't expect. This guy Royce needs his own. Let players be, let them be, NYSE I know Royce thinks his game is closely related to LBJ, but he knows what has to be done. Let him be. Talk about something else, we've heard this.

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

"YESSSSsssss ..AND IT COUNTS!"