1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WATCH LIVE: President Obama To Deliver Farewell Address In Chicago at 9 PM ET

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jan 10, 2017.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

Bobby stop hating this has been the best 8yrs ever for America since Clinton\ Reagan years.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

And the it really happening what are we going to do about the things that can't be changed at this point brace for the worst and hope to survive these 4yr.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you know what, I think you actually believe that. That's awesome.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A great man that weathered a terribly politicized environment, the worst economic disaster in 80 years, and horrible personal attacks about his origin and religion.

Man handled it wil grace and calm, like a statesman should. He represented America well in the world. I am so glad to have had him as our president, and he will be missed much.

Yung-T and JeffB like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Bobby is mentally ill, just leave him alone!

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He gave beautiful speeches. Some of them will be remembered. He was always dignified and very presidential in demeanor. He seemed like a nice man. He was short of experience and it took him way too long to realize that he could not charm hardened right wing politicians.

I am always reminded of a big beefy union guy from Illinois who was backing Hillary against Obama back in 2008. "We know this guy and have worked with him in Illinois politics. He is a poet, not a fighter and that is why I am backing Hillary."

As Deckard can tell you I am not a Hillary diehard.

I agree with Michael Moore. "Obama will go down in history as the first black president. PERIOD" That being said, it was important. Again from personal experience. I was in a pharmacy not too long ago waiting in line. Obama appeared on the TV screen and a 7-8 year old little black girl in line got very excited and said: "look mama !! There is President Obama".

In terms of making major progress for most folks or returning the Democratic Party to its roots, he was a place holder and not much of a leader.

Hey, as we see now, it could have been worse.

Space Ghost, Amiga and durvasa like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly it's too early to judge his 'legacy'. Anyone with a opinion on that matter is hyper partisan.

It'll take multiple decades to see how we actually percieve him.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Seven more days.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Actually, 1,467 more days.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Seven more days until Obama is gone.

It cannot happen soon enough. It has been an excruciating eight year period for our country.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

And 1.467 days until Trump vacates the White House. He hasn't even gotten in yet, and the clock already begins. Which shows that (1) America is already regretting the election results (heck, how many people here are pretending they didn't vote for Trump in this past election?!?), and (2) hopefully voters will be more careful in the next election so the President in 1,467 days will be better than Trump.

Putting it in plain language, Trump's approval ratings are embarrassingly low and dropping. Trump is not even in office yet, and he has already broken his own record for being the least popular president-elect in history. Respondents by a margin of 45%-34% believed that Trump would be a worse president than Obama.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01...ating-plunges-historic-days-inauguration.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-office-with-historically-low-approval-rating

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No comrade, by then we be new Soviet republic!

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Six more days.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sad and pathetic. You are rejoicing about Trumps failure and citing pointless polls. Regardless of how poorly Americans see Trump before he takes office, he still beat the DNC's Hillary Clinton, a well establish candidate of multiple decades of experience.

It doesn't bother me that Trump may or may not make a second term, it bothers me that fools like you still think the DNC is on the right track. You mock those who didn't vote Trump and insist they really did vote Trump. This only shows how clueless you are in this subject. You can throw out all the polls you want about how Trump will be a worse president than Obama, but the fact remains, the DNC put Hillary on the ticket. They had a chance for Bernie, but instead gambled on Hillary and her allegiance to special interest groups. The problem with the modern DNC is they actually believe they are more intelligent than anyone else that disagrees with them. This of course has been disproven since America voted in Donald friggen Trump over the 'paid and bought' Hillary Clinton. Just MAYBE maintstream America who voted in Donald friggen Trump is actually more intelligent than the mainstream mindless drones like NewRoxFan who line up and blindly support their corrupt and unethical candidate and party.

That said, regardless of Trumps past, I hope he does whats best for America. And if his best is not enough, hopefully the DNC cleans house and presents a better candidate. At this time, I have little faith of either. Its obvious the DNC shrills on the left have not learned their lesson. For starters, they could reject Corey Booker, aka Hillary 2.0.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, Mojoman, great posts in this thread about Obama's last address. Really, keep up the good work. Please update us tomorrow with a another countdown post, as you look forward to literally one of the worst human beings on the planet taking the oath of office. At least he's kind of white. Orangey white. Too bad most Americans and most non-Russians on the planet are less thrilled with this turn.

You have a lot of work to do to keep supporting your "man" Trump as any sort of improvement in the oval office. Good luck with that -- and we'll hold you to it, with lots of updates. We're looking for what he promised. A great improvement on 4.7% unemployment. A rebirth of the middle class. An end to the great chasm between the well-to-do and the rest of us. New phenomenal trade deals that benefit the American worker. And yes, fixing our healthcare once and for all.

Clock starts ticking in just a handful of days. Can't wait for all these great improvements, for mine and my family's and my society's lives to all improve remarkably. Sniping at people who voice dissent is none of these things, and insulting parents of deceased soldiers is none of those things, and insulting civil rights heroes is none of those things... but maybe he's just getting that out of his system. Anyway, we are waiting. Just a few more days, as you say, until everything improves. Yep.

[​IMG]

CometsWin likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

how excited did you get when a few days ago Obama expanded the nsa surveillance program and changed the law to now allow all government agencies access to the raw surveillance data WITHOUT a warrant? i bet you were excited huh since you have nothing to hide. I bet you take a **** with the door open huh? Maybe you'll let Obama install a camera in your shitter or bedroom since you got nothing to hide anyway.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We are SIX DAYS from a full on idiocracy. I can wait. ;)

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What is the title of this thread? Who is this thread about? It is about Barack Obama and his last speech. So who does the countdown apply to? You guessed it, it applies to Barack Hussein Obama.

Also, even though the countdown applies to Obama, I do hope that Trump does well as president of the United States. So far his appointments look a lot better than I had expected, so based on that, it appears we have real cause to be hopeful about his presidency.

All that being said, we are eagerly counting down the days until the Obama regime is finished and Obama is gone.

But I am pretty sure you already knew that, the contents of your previous post notwithstanding.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Mojo doesn't like Obama. And he very much like Trump. Cool and all, except all the maneuver of weird reasons and logic to not get out of those two defined boxes, or my team vs your team. I mean, stuff like we should ban certain people of the press from POTUS press briefing is now ok to Mojo - you don't often hear that in a democracy.

20. NewRoxFan

Wow. truth hurts huh? Your candidate won. Your party won. Celebrate, have a party. But the truth is, the majority of Americans did NOT vote for Trump. And more Americans that did vote for him (along with many more that did not) are already are showing "voters remorse", reflected in polls, reflected in increasing questions/criticism of Trump, based on his poor cabinet and administration choices and his in character idiotic statements and actions. Even here, its reflected in the number of people that voted for him now claiming they didn't vote for him. People, like you.

And the efforts to blame Democrats for his election? Pathetic. How many primaries did he win? But how many REPUBLICAN votes? Over how many conservative candidates? And since Clinton won more votes than Obama, its unlikely too many of Trump voters were Democrats, so its safe to say Trump is all on your Republicans. So you bought, you own it. And hopefully you didn't break the country in doing so.

And finally, laughable your criticisms of Democrats and the Democratic party as being corrupt and unethical. Trump hasn't even taken office yet and what do we see? Efforts by the GOP to gut the very Ethics Committee that monitors them. More recently efforts to bully the Ethics chief for criticizing Trump. And Trump? Where are those tax returns he initially said he would release after becoming President?

I wouldn't lead with criticisms of ethics and corruption when the very candidate you just brought into office is, how did you put it, "Donald friggen Trump." As the good book says, "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"