1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch Durant join Clippers this season. The effect on Rockets.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Nov 14, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

The most popular destination for Durant has been the New York Knicks. Clippers could steal Durant from Knicks.
    Jerry West is a long time old friend of Joe Lacob (GS owner) and a friend of Kevin Durant. There could be a secret trade talk between Jerry West and Joe Lacob.

What if Clippers offer Gallo/SGA and 2 Firsts for Durant/Evans by February?

What is the effect on Rockets?

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-dura...agency-dont-ask-every-time-see-121947508.html
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/oth...ippers-Kyrie-Irving-LeBron-James-Cavs-Celtics
    https://thespun.com/nba/new-york-knicks/kevin-durant-knicks-free-agency-lowe

#1 BigBum, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice lateral thinking there

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Injury-prone Gallo has 2-year left on his contract.
    This trade saves Lacob $15 million, costs Balmer $4 million this year.

Easily Clippers will have $109 million salary cap space next season. That is dangerous in free agent market.

Harrell and Lou Williams are tradable.

#3 BigBum, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anything the Warriors do will affect the Rockets. If they break up, it's anyone's league for the taking.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I'm Bob Myers and

1. Have to KD this season
    2. Have to trade him to the Clippers and only the Clippers

I'm asking for Tobias Harris, Marcin Gortat, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

This way, I will reload with more depth to win 1 more ring this year, unload ~$28 million in salaries when Harris and Gortat comes off the books, and get back a young prospect to groom if/when more of the core team leaves over the next couple of seasons.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Warriors can't trade him since he signed a one year deal. Durant can veto any trade.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

GS is never going to trade Durant.

However, to entertain OP's point: GS will only start the talks for Durant with Tobias Harris. Even if Harris doesn't re-sign with GS (as his contract also expires this year), that'll free up money to re-sign Klay, Cousins (if he pans out) and bench depth.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think GS can't trade him until 12/15. Also, I don't think Durant has a no-trade clause, but I could be wrong.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Durant leaves then the warriors are irrelevant. Lets hope this happens.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Tthey weren't relevant in the two years before signing KD? o_O

I think I'd also ask for Boban. Worst case scenario, he leaves and Warriors shed his salary after this season. Best case scenario: he'll probably remain around the 7 mil/year mark for a new contract, and he can just play the Andrew Bogut role; setting hard screens and rebounding / paint defense.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's not a bad scenario either. Either way, the Warriors will most likely not touch Gallo because ...well he's Gallo

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Knicks make a lot more sense.

Porzingis will be healthy. They will be adding another top 5 pick. It reminds me of the Lebron going back to the Cavs situation. He'll get to team up with a young upcoming star and kind of own the team and in a big market...in a market where if he wins one championship it'll be worth about 5 to his legacy.

Downside...the East is no joke now. He'd have an easier path to the finals joining a western team.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You’re so off on this.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

In the nba, there is only one contract which includes a no-trade clause: That is

Gerald Green

16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

If Durant leaves, Warriors will not be favored to win the championship. In the year they won without Durant, they got Bogut and Barnes who made significant contributions.

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

without durant, the warriors don't have anyone who can break a switching defense down 1v1. playoff defenses cover curry (who's impotent in the playoffs anyways) like a blanket. teams finally figured that the best way to cover warriors motion offense + moving screens is with a switching defense. warriors realized this after getting embarrassed by the cavs (curry couldn't even shake klove loose 1v1) and went hard after kd. if kd leaves warriors, they're just a regular playoff team with annual 1st-2nd round exits

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Totally different team. They had Bogut and Barnes back then and some good role players. (Barbosa, Ezeli, Clark, speights) Plus Iggy was a lot younger. Last year Iggy was garbage.

They essentially traded 5 key players for Durant so if he walks they would be in big trouble.

I firmly believe we woulda swept the warriors last year without Durant.

clutchdabear and juanm34 like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I think he gets dealt to the Rockets for MCW,Nene,Chriss, and a signed basketball from Harden and CP3.

Morley might have to throw in Melons if he’s still here.

20. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

Are you sure you’re watching basketball? Curry, who’s impotent in the playoffs anyway, has career averages of 26 points (on a combined 45% shooting), 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. His line in the 2017 Finals against the Cleveland Lebron’s was even more disappointing - 27 points (combined 44% shooting) 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals. Embarrassing. Pure impotence. Just goes to show you how those switching defenses have foiled his playoff performances.