1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Charles Barkley says dying wish would be to kill Skip Bayless on live TV

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ish-would-be-to-kill-skip-bayless-on-live-tv/

Charles Barkley says dying wish would be to kill Skip Bayless on live TV
    By Des Bieler March 24 at 1:40 AM

Charles Barkley’s antipathy for Skip Bayless goes back a long way, which, of course, means that Barkley has been directing verbal barbs at the polarizing sports pundit for just as long. In 2013, on the set of TNT’s NBA show, he said, “If I could get Skip Bayless in a room, you’d need DNA to find out who he was.”

So perhaps it shouldn’t have been completely shocking to hear Barkley say that, if he had a terminal illness, his dying wish would be to kill Bayless on live TV. The former NBA star was kidding around at the end of a lengthy segment on “The Dan Patrick Show” Thursday, when he made some remarks that, even by his standards, were startling.

“You know what we should do for ratings? If I get a disease and I’m gonna die, how about you get Skip Bayless in here, and I’ll kill him live on national television,” Barkley told Patrick.

“I like it,” Patrick replied. “Like pay-per-view.”

“No, no, no. Just get him in here,” Barkley said. “Only when I know I’ma die. … Because I just want to get Skip Bayless in a room one time and just beat him like a dog.”

“So you’d kill him,” Patrick said.

“Yes. Only if I knew I was gonna die,” Barkley responded. “Not if I’m gonna live, because I don’t wanna go to prison. Because like [Rick] Mahorn says, ‘They would love you in prison.’”

Barkley has been publicly disparaging Bayless, who rose to fame (or infamy) on ESPN’s “First Take” before leaving to lead “Undisputed” on Fox Sports, at least since 2005. That’s when he said, “There’s only two people I want to kill: Skip Bayless and Jay Mariotti. Everybody else, I respect their opinions. But those two guys. … One thing I learned about the press, it’s a really powerful tool. And your shtick can’t be, you get on TV and be evil everyday. Because people believe what you say. And Skip Bayless is evil every single day, and Jay Mariotti is evil every single day.”

In 2011, Barkley told Patrick, “I hate Skip Bayless more than any person in the world,” adding an unprintable word about his nemesis. So, yeah, Barkley isn’t exactly a charter member of the Skip Bayless Fan Club.

Still, Thursday’s comments, even while clearly said in jest, might have gone too far. That said, perhaps the most stunning thing that could come out of Barkley’s mouth regarding Bayless would be an apology.

But never mind Bayless, how about an apology to all our canine friends, for saying he’d beat anyone “like a dog.” Come on, Chuck, it was National Puppy Day!​

video clip:

RasaqBoi and Fyreball like this.
  2. seeingred

seeingred Member

ahaha. beat a man to death with your hands. wacky ol chuck.

inb4 "if a white guy said that about a black guy..."

3. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Skip must owe him some money. .

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm team Chucky on this one.

Leggo!

5. malakas

malakas Member

Just because someone's opinions are trash I dont' see how it is "funny" or justified to say you want to kill them. Esp coming from Barkley whose opinions are also trash.

basketballholic and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Some people say trash and inflammatory things to cause reactions. A lot of people wish those trolls would get silenced. I doubt Barkley would actually physically harm Skip if they were in a room together, but it's fun to imagine. Best thing to do is just ignore the troll and not give it the attention it wants.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

why are you so terrible

el gnomo and The Hunted like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Team Barkley

#NotGuilty

el gnomo likes this.
  9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yikes. Not many people could get away with this.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Stephen A Smith? might as well terminate him too

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's one big pee-pee game. They go to the same country club, dance for the same audience, use the same tailor, kiss the same asses, vote for the same politicians.

The Hunted likes this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hopefully they kill each other

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This reminds me of that scene from Anchorman.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Skip is murdered and another suspect isn't found, Barkley better have a firm alibi.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's horrible, Charles. If you're going to kill Skip Bayless, you should do Stephen A at the same time.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not so soon. Stephen A is one of the only voices on media campaigning for Harden MVP.

don grahamleone likes this.